Records - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Records

magamanmagaman Posts: 14Member
well it worked in tb 7.0 but it does not work in Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 which uses wincrt instead of crt.
so any ideas.:)

Comments

• dolev9dolev9 Posts: 147Member
    : well it worked in tb 7.0 but it does not work in Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 which uses wincrt instead of crt.
    : so any ideas.:)
    :

i havent understand - what the connection between records and crt unit?

as i know wincrt and crt are pritty much the same (althought not totaly) just one is in tp and one in tpw because one is builed on dos and the other on windows.

dolev
  • magamanmagaman Posts: 14Member
    : : well it worked in tb 7.0 but it does not work in Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 which uses wincrt instead of crt.
    : : so any ideas.:)
    : :
    :
    : i havent understand - what the connection between records and crt unit?
    :
    : as i know wincrt and crt are pritty much the same (althought not totaly) just one is in tp and one in tpw because one is builed on dos and the other on windows.
    :
    : dolev
    :
    I wanted to know how to edit files in wincrt, i know how to do it in crt but not in wincrt. so i was kindly asking if someone would help me cause i really need this records thing for a game i'm making.

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : well it worked in tb 7.0 but it does not work in Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 which uses wincrt instead of crt.
    : : : so any ideas.:)
    : : :
    : : i havent understand - what the connection between records and crt unit?
    : : as i know wincrt and crt are pritty much the same (althought not totaly) just one is in tp and one in tpw because one is builed on dos and the other on windows.
    : : dolev
    : I wanted to know how to edit files in wincrt, i know how to do it in crt but not in wincrt. so i was kindly asking if someone would help me cause i really need this records thing for a game i'm making.
    :
    :
    You can use the BlockRead(), BlockWrite(), and untyped files to edit files containing records. These are part of the system unit, and should work in any form of Borland's Pascal. The main problem is that you as programmer are responsible for the format of the files, and must be very careful with the file I/O.