Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Reading BarCode

jintojinto Posts: 8Member
Frnz,
Could u plz suggest me how to read a barcode...that is wt is the format that the barcode reader returns?, how can we read those signals? ets...thanx in advance...

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : Frnz,
    : Could u plz suggest me how to read a barcode...that is wt is the format that the barcode reader returns?, how can we read those signals? ets...thanx in advance...
    :
    First you need some data (like a picture).
    Then transform the data into a line.
    Then devide this line in areas and each
    area should reprecent a number. Add these
    numbers strings together and then parse to
    a long and return the long.

I haven't done this at all and I have no
    idea what I am taking about but this sound
    rather good to me.

Hope you understand.

The PROgrammer Niklas Ulvinge

'One of the few things that is
    language independent is the idea'

• dehadedehade Posts: 31Member
    : Frnz,
    : Could u plz suggest me how to read a barcode...that is wt is the format that the barcode reader returns?, how can we read those signals? ets...thanx in advance...
    :
    The most easy way is to buy a device that can read a barcode and that you can connect to your computer. Otherwise, you will have to make your own reader.
    Then you can read out your hardware port with software, or when you are lucky, a driver is provided with the reader.
    Anyway, your reader should come with documentation about what the reader returns, signals and stuff.
    If you make your own reader, you can define it as you want.

• jintojinto Posts: 8Member
    : : Frnz,
    : : Could u plz suggest me how to read a barcode...that is wt is the format that the barcode reader returns?, how can we read those signals? ets...thanx in advance...
    : :
    : The most easy way is to buy a device that can read a barcode and that you can connect to your computer. Otherwise, you will have to make your own reader.
    : Then you can read out your hardware port with software, or when you are lucky, a driver is provided with the reader.
    : Anyway, your reader should come with documentation about what the reader returns, signals and stuff.
    : If you make your own reader, you can define it as you want.
    :
    :

Hi IDE and dehade,

Thanx 4 ur reply...
    But,acually, I need to know how to read the barcode data from the Reader thru our program...

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : : : Frnz,
    : : : Could u plz suggest me how to read a barcode...that is wt is the format that the barcode reader returns?, how can we read those signals? ets...thanx in advance...
    : : :
    : : The most easy way is to buy a device that can read a barcode and that you can connect to your computer. Otherwise, you will have to make your own reader.
    : : Then you can read out your hardware port with software, or when you are lucky, a driver is provided with the reader.
    : : Anyway, your reader should come with documentation about what the reader returns, signals and stuff.
    : : If you make your own reader, you can define it as you want.
    :
    : Hi IDE and dehade,
    :
    : Thanx 4 ur reply...
    : But,acually, I need to know how to read the barcode data from the Reader thru our program...
    :
    :
    What data do you have and what do you want to get from it?

This is the Q for everything within programming.
    Please answer it becouse I cant understand youre prob.

The PROgrammer Niklas Ulvinge

'One of the few things that is
    language independent is the idea'

• abby321abby321 Posts: 8Member
    I recommed you to download this free online barcode reader for simple barcode scanning. You just need to pass your target barcode image file and barcode type to "BarcodeReader.readBarcode" method. Then, this [link=http://www.keepautomation.com/guide/dotnet_barcode_reader.html]C#.NET Barcode Reader Control[/link] will immediately scan & output all barcodes found.
  • danelishdanelish Posts: 1Member
    This thread is so old!!!!!!!!Ok, actually, nowadays it is quite easy to read barcode, just use a barcode scanner, like [link=http://www.onbarcode.com/products/java_barcode_reader/]Java barcode scanner[/link], [link=http://www.onbarcode.com/tutorial/csharp-barcode-reader.html]C# barcode scanner[/link], etc.
  • mariahsharpmariahsharp Posts: 43Member
    which[link=http://www.keepautomation.com/products/net_barcode_reader/] [color=Black]barcode[/color][/link] you wanna read? I've ever used [link=http://www.keepautomation.com/products/net_barcode_reader/barcode_qrcode.html][color=Black]qr code barcode reader[/color] [/link]
    you may have a look
  • beverlylarsenbeverlylarsen san josePosts: 4Member

What you need is a barcode reader. There are hardware ones(mostly handheld style) and software ones(installed on PC or smartphone). You can complete integration with the guide and then start scanning and decoding barcode images. In most case, the data in barcode images will export as plain text.