Closing a window onclick - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Closing a window onclick

XeonicXpressioXeonicXpressio Posts: 5Member
I have a program that I want to keep looping uptil the user clicks in the window. It is a ball bouncing around in a window using the graphics module. I tried using win.getmouse() and then win.close(), but then it has to wait between every loop and will only go once.
[code]
def circdrawer(x,y,xdir,ydir,color,n,win):
for i in range(0,700):
xdir,ydir = slope(x,y,xdir,ydir)
color,n = shader(x,y,color,n)
x = x + xdir
y = y + ydir
circ = Circle(Point(x,y), 4)
circ.setFill(color)
circ.draw(win)
time.sleep(.01)
circ.undraw()
[/code]
I've searched the python documentation, but don't see anything that will do this. I was thinking of something like onclick, but I can't find anything like that.

Comments

• DrostDrost Posts: 24Member
    : I have a program that I want to keep looping uptil the user clicks in the window. It is a ball bouncing around in a window using the graphics module. I tried using win.getmouse() and then win.close(), but then it has to wait between every loop and will only go once.

: I've searched the python documentation, but don't see anything that will do this. I was thinking of something like onclick, but I can't find anything like that.
    :

Which (Python wrapped) GUI are you working with?
    IIRC all GUI systems that are usable by Python (of which I've heard) use the event-driven approach (well, except EasyGUI), so the program will generally be in a waiting-for-user-action loop and if something occurs it relies on the appropriate event-handler (which even might be an onclick like event).

Drost