Database Search - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Database Search

burgiburgi Posts: 79Member
Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?

I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?

Thanks
John
Geek and proud :]
www.geekandproud.co.uk

Comments

• DjSpiritDjSpirit Posts: 371Member
    : Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?
    :
    : I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.
    :
    : Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?
    :
    : Thanks
    : John
    : Geek and proud :]
    : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    :
    [grey]If you are using VB6 you might have a data environment, it's worth exploring, and should be not to hard to understand.

DjSpirit, M$ has in fact done one or two things right, and this might be one of them.[/grey]
  • burgiburgi Posts: 79Member
    : : Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?
    : :
    : : I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.
    : : Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?
    : : Thanks
    : : John
    : : Geek and proud :]
    : : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    : [grey]If you are using VB6 you might have a data environment, it's worth exploring, and should be not to hard to understand.
    :
    : DjSpirit, M$ has in fact done one or two things right, and this might be one of them.[/grey]
    :

Thanks, any suggestions on a tutorial for data enviroments? i've never used one before.

John
    www.geekandproud.co.uk

• ProgressProgress Posts: 13Member
    : : : Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?
    : : :
    : : : I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.
    : : : Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?
    : : : Thanks
    : : : John
    : : : Geek and proud :]
    : : : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    : : [grey]If you are using VB6 you might have a data environment, it's worth exploring, and should be not to hard to understand.
    : : DjSpirit, M$ has in fact done one or two things right, and this might be one of them.[/grey]
    :
    : Thanks, any suggestions on a tutorial for data enviroments? i've never used one before.
    :
    :
    :

• ProgressProgress Posts: 13Member
    : : : Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?
    : : : I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.
    : : : Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?
    : : : Thanks
    : : : John
    : : : Geek and proud :]
    : : : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    : : [grey]If you are using VB6 you might have a data environment, it's worth exploring, and should be not to hard to understand.
    : : DjSpirit, M$ has in fact done one or two things right, and this might be one of them.[/grey]
    :
    : Thanks, any suggestions on a tutorial for data enviroments? i've never used one before.
    :
    :
    :
    you should use ole for it!
    use Ctrl-t then add adodc1 to your interface then use adodc1 with datagrid or textbox or etc as datasource !you can use some sql with it!
    (in recordsource)it's like a string !or use connection for linkin'
    for search you should use some sql with command!
    regstver1 in database is good example!

thanx!
  • burgiburgi Posts: 79Member
    : : : : Can anyone help with linking databases into VB?
    : : : :
    : : : : I am writing a logistics pricing calculcator for my company. what i want the user to enter a postal code then the program to output the pricing band region to a label and the pricing to other labels for further manipulation. i want the labels to be blank when to form loads to avoid confusing the user.
    : : : : Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest some code?
    : : : : Thanks
    : : : : John
    : : : : Geek and proud :]
    : : : : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    : : : [grey]If you are using VB6 you might have a data environment, it's worth exploring, and should be not to hard to understand.
    : : : DjSpirit, M$ has in fact done one or two things right, and this might be one of them.[/grey]
    : : Thanks, any suggestions on a tutorial for data enviroments? i've never used one before.
    : : John
    : : Geek and proud :]
    : : www.geekandproud.co.uk
    : you should use ole for it!
    : use Ctrl-t then add adodc1 to your interface then use adodc1 with datagrid or textbox or etc as datasource !you can use some sql with it!
    : (in recordsource)it's like a string !or use connection for linkin'
    : for search you should use some sql with command!
    : regstver1 in database is good example!
    :
    : thanx!
    :

Erm... i haven't done anything at all on databases/SQL i could really do with a tutorial on them.

John
    www.geekandproud.co.uk