A problem with Graphix - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

A problem with Graphix

terupterup Posts: 18Member
I have Graphix for Borland Pascal. I used it in program. I set the mode to a 800x600 resolution ( "initgraphix(ig_detect,x800y600,col8,mm_hwa)" ). I tryed with all the modes and all memories (I don't have LFB) but my monitor tells me that the refresh rate is smaller than it should be. How can I manage the refresh rate in the program? Excuse my english. Thanks

Comments

• dolev9dolev9 Posts: 147Member
    : I have Graphix for Borland Pascal. I used it in program. I set the mode to a 800x600 resolution ( "initgraphix(ig_detect,x800y600,col8,mm_hwa)" ). I tryed with all the modes and all memories (I don't have LFB) but my monitor tells me that the refresh rate is smaller than it should be. How can I manage the refresh rate in the program? Excuse my english. Thanks
    :

hello there

im not sure but i think that the refresh rate is could be the screen refresh rate that is set in your gaphics card driver.
    its wrote in herts. it let you choose the refresh rate from a list.

try it but it a long guess

dolev
  • GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : : I have Graphix for Borland Pascal. I used it in program. I set the mode to a 800x600 resolution ( "initgraphix(ig_detect,x800y600,col8,mm_hwa)" ). I tryed with all the modes and all memories (I don't have LFB) but my monitor tells me that the refresh rate is smaller than it should be. How can I manage the refresh rate in the program? Excuse my english. Thanks
    : :
    :
    :
    : hello there
    :
    : im not sure but i think that the refresh rate is could be the screen refresh rate that is set in your gaphics card driver.
    : its wrote in herts. it let you choose the refresh rate from a list.
    :
    : try it but it a long guess
    :
    : dolev
    :
    He needs to adjust refresh rate with code. Precisely this, in Pascal can't be done just with it's built in ASM. But my hardware knowledge does not extend on this part of problems.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : : : I have Graphix for Borland Pascal. I used it in program. I set the mode to a 800x600 resolution ( "initgraphix(ig_detect,x800y600,col8,mm_hwa)" ). I tryed with all the modes and all memories (I don't have LFB) but my monitor tells me that the refresh rate is smaller than it should be. How can I manage the refresh rate in the program? Excuse my english. Thanks
    : : :
    : : hello there
    : : im not sure but i think that the refresh rate is could be the screen refresh rate that is set in your gaphics card driver.
    : : its wrote in herts. it let you choose the refresh rate from a list.
    : : try it but it a long guess
    : : dolev
    : He needs to adjust refresh rate with code. Precisely this, in Pascal can't be done just with it's built in ASM. But my hardware knowledge does not extend on this part of problems.
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :

I've done lots of graphics in TP7's BASM and tried many times to figure out ports to tweak to change refresh rate, but always failed. If anyone knows I'd love to find out how. Or if anyone has some really detailed info on the Graphics Ports that would be cool too. Good Luck.

Phat Nat
    since so many ppl search for it and nobody knows - i decided to search for an interrupt that change the refresh rate inand interrupt list site i got.
    i fount 3 interrupt that get/set refresh rate.

this is the site
    http://www.ctyme.com/intr/int-10.htm

search in the text "refresh rate" and then you will find interrupts
    10 ax=5f04
    10 ax=5f05

10 ah=12 bl=f1h

this is what i found.

check it out

dolev

: since so many ppl search for it and nobody knows - i decided to search for an interrupt that change the refresh rate inand interrupt list site i got.
    : i fount 3 interrupt that get/set refresh rate.
    :
    : this is the site
    : http://www.ctyme.com/intr/int-10.htm
    :
    : search in the text "refresh rate" and then you will find interrupts
    : 10 ax=5f04
    : 10 ax=5f05
    :
    : 10 ah=12 bl=f1h
    :
    : this is what i found.
    :
    : check it out
    :
    : dolev
    :
    :
    That's only for Tseng ET-400s I see...

Any questions? Just ask!

there is another one -
    Chips & Technologies '64300' BIOS - SET REFRESH RATE

they might work if they are installed on the comp.

worth a shot anyway.....

and if you want - you can try to dissassemble them to check their port or something - but its more complicated...

since there were no vesa interrupt for changing refresh rate...

if you think you can find it in other interrupt tell me and i check...
    : and if you want - you can try to dissassemble them to check their port or something - but its more complicated...
    :
    : since there were no vesa interrupt for changing refresh rate...
    :
    : if you think you can find it in other interrupt tell me and i check...
    :
    Again my terribly horrible english, but what can he try to disassemble?

Any questions? Just ask!

: Again my terribly horrible english, but what can he try to disassemble?
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    :

the graphics driver files - as i said i foundsomething that do it over my driver (nvidia geforce 4). maby it would be possible to understandable by dissassembling...
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    :
    : : Again my terribly horrible english, but what can he try to disassemble?
    : : ****************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    : the graphics driver files - as i said i foundsomething that do it over my driver (nvidia geforce 4). maby it would be possible to understandable by dissassembling...
    :

I did think of that. Maybe one of my next tries. Each video card/chipset will have it's own codes, but there must be some port that the interrupts access?? or maybe they are directly handled by the video card. I'm playing with the ports right now, but the best I've accomplished is an increase of about 0.3Hz
    Anyways, I'll keep trying and playing and messing with stuff I probably shouldn't and see what happens ;)

Phat Nat