project ideas in visual basic - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

project ideas in visual basic

nneomanneoma Posts: 61Member
i'm a final year student in a nigerian university about to embark on my project work. i need to know if i can get any fresh ideas from this site as concerning a software to develop. i just know that i want to write my project mainly in visual basic but i need to do something out of the ordinary. can i get any ideas for a topic to work on?

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : i'm a final year student in a nigerian university about to embark on my project work. i need to know if i can get any fresh ideas from this site as concerning a software to develop. i just know that i want to write my project mainly in visual basic but i need to do something out of the ordinary. can i get any ideas for a topic to work on?
    :

What interests you? You could always try to make a game, though that will be very hard.
    VB is generally very good in databases, so you could always do that. If you are looking for something special, think of something you like and are good at and try to add something related to the program...

Good luck
    Richard
  • BasavprabhuBasavprabhu Posts: 1Member
    Hi,
    If you wanna make something out of ordinary then you can think of drawing a chart calling the excel sheet in your VB application. You can use the database or any other source for the data to have the chart.
    The chart should be in such a way that it should be edited online. It should show the value of each point whenever cursor goes on that point.
    etc.,
    This type of applications is called Visual Basic for Applications. You have to go through VB as well as VBA programming.

One more idea...
    You can think of mentaining a internet cafe. Which provides the log book for each day. How much time is spent by each of the system during the working hours. What is the collection of each day. It also should give you the details of permenent members...