Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Some general questions about C#

DioxazineDioxazine Posts: 9Member
I've done some console programming in C++ and also done some GUI programming using Visual Basic. I've recently tried Java but actually find it kind of hard to create some things. Like for example a program that asks you to enter two integers and then displays their sum. I can write that in C++ easy and Visual Basic easy too. But to do that in Java is like a lot harder. And in my study of C++ about 4 years ago I think I was just about to start studying objects and classes and data members and all that stuff.

Anyway would creating the program I outlined above be fairly easy in C#? I would imagine I could do it both in a console and using GUI components. Is C# considered a drag and drop RAD tool like Visual Basic?
Right now, I kind of feel like Java is not for me at the moment, since I have not programmed in several years. I'm thinking of going back to C++ for awhile. But I would like to know about C#.

Comments

• dehadedehade Posts: 31Member
    : I've done some console programming in C++ and also done some GUI programming using Visual Basic. I've recently tried Java but actually find it kind of hard to create some things. Like for example a program that asks you to enter two integers and then displays their sum. I can write that in C++ easy and Visual Basic easy too. But to do that in Java is like a lot harder. And in my study of C++ about 4 years ago I think I was just about to start studying objects and classes and data members and all that stuff.
    :
    : Anyway would creating the program I outlined above be fairly easy in C#? I would imagine I could do it both in a console and using GUI components. Is C# considered a drag and drop RAD tool like Visual Basic?
    : Right now, I kind of feel like Java is not for me at the moment, since I have not programmed in several years. I'm thinking of going back to C++ for awhile. But I would like to know about C#.
    :

If you have a choice, don't go back to C++.
    If you want to design your GUI by dragging and dropping, consider using MS Visual Studio and C#.
    If you really need a powerfull and/or complex GUI - use Java!
    The choice of programming language really depends on your application requirements and architecture.
    C# or Java are about equal in functionality and complexity. I found it equally easy / difficult :) to learn either language.
    Your program can be made with no sweat in both languages, but taking your background into account you might want to go to MS VS and C#.