Some general questions about C# - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Some general questions about C#

DioxazineDioxazine Posts: 9Member
I've done some console programming in C++ and also done some GUI programming using Visual Basic. I've recently tried Java but actually find it kind of hard to create some things. Like for example a program that asks you to enter two integers and then displays their sum. I can write that in C++ easy and Visual Basic easy too. But to do that in Java is like a lot harder. And in my study of C++ about 4 years ago I think I was just about to start studying objects and classes and data members and all that stuff.

Anyway would creating the program I outlined above be fairly easy in C#? I would imagine I could do it both in a console and using GUI components. Is C# considered a drag and drop RAD tool like Visual Basic?
Right now, I kind of feel like Java is not for me at the moment, since I have not programmed in several years. I'm thinking of going back to C++ for awhile. But I would like to know about C#.

Comments

• dehadedehade Posts: 31Member
    : I've done some console programming in C++ and also done some GUI programming using Visual Basic. I've recently tried Java but actually find it kind of hard to create some things. Like for example a program that asks you to enter two integers and then displays their sum. I can write that in C++ easy and Visual Basic easy too. But to do that in Java is like a lot harder. And in my study of C++ about 4 years ago I think I was just about to start studying objects and classes and data members and all that stuff.
    :
    : Anyway would creating the program I outlined above be fairly easy in C#? I would imagine I could do it both in a console and using GUI components. Is C# considered a drag and drop RAD tool like Visual Basic?
    : Right now, I kind of feel like Java is not for me at the moment, since I have not programmed in several years. I'm thinking of going back to C++ for awhile. But I would like to know about C#.
    :

If you have a choice, don't go back to C++.
    If you want to design your GUI by dragging and dropping, consider using MS Visual Studio and C#.
    If you really need a powerfull and/or complex GUI - use Java!
    The choice of programming language really depends on your application requirements and architecture.
    C# or Java are about equal in functionality and complexity. I found it equally easy / difficult :) to learn either language.
    Your program can be made with no sweat in both languages, but taking your background into account you might want to go to MS VS and C#.