Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Redirecting

tvientitvienti Posts: 230Member
Hi there. I think I've gotten myself so deep into this question that I'm missing the simple answer. I have scripts that I want to work their magic, then redirect to another page. Obvious example is Login.php...

[code]
Do l/p match?
Yes: Redirect to Account/Home.php
No: Display some error message on this page
[/code]

What's the best method for the redirection? 403 response? Is there a way to do it on the server-side so that the client or their browser doesn't even know there was a redirection? It's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what the best practice is here.

Thanks,
-T

Comments

• treshrtreshr Posts: 326Member
    Look at this page for more information: http://nl3.php.net/header

Good luck.

--=][tReShR][=--

• tvientitvienti Posts: 230Member
    : Look at this page for more information: http://nl3.php.net/header
    :
    : Good luck.
    :
    : --=][tReShR][=--
    :
    :

Thanks. I actually checked that out already and am so far using header() for my redirects. I settled with 303 See Other, which seems the most appropriate for a situation where the original URI is what should have been requested, but the response should be found at another URI.

Just wanted to run it by the masses and see if anybody had some input on a better solution, more standard solution, or any hangups that might cause (with indexing and the like)

Thanks for the reply :)

T