Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Internet security

hello,

I had a friend who is studying information security for a masters check over a site of mine and he actually did a really pure job of it. All he did was look at my code. I found easy ways of breaking the website security that anyone could do.

I know there are ways to formally verify software for bugs. This is used for nuclear plant control systems, NASA spacecraft... to ensure 100.000% safe software. It can either find scenarios that would generate unhandled exceptions, violations... or it can prove there are absolutely no bugs at all.

Is there a list of checks to do to find exploits or loopholes in any system's security? Is there a general list or does it always have to be specific to whatever is being checked?

Is there a way to verify something to be 100.00% secure?

thanks