16-Bit Compiler - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

16-Bit Compiler

t3rminatort3rminator Posts: 5Member
Hello,
at the moment I use TP7.0 to write and compile my code for a dos based embedded system. Now I searching for a Editor/Compiler that run under WindosXP AND which i can generate 16-bit executables and use the old dos Units.
Can anyone help me?
Ben

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hello,
    : at the moment I use TP7.0 to write and compile my code for a dos based embedded system. Now I searching for a Editor/Compiler that run under WindosXP AND which i can generate 16-bit executables and use the old dos Units.
    : Can anyone help me?
    : Ben
    :
    TP7.0 compiled programs should run normally under winXP with several limitations. WinXP doesn't allow for a direct access to several parts of the hardware. If your code depends on those parts it will become difficult correct the code. Sometimes the behaviour of the program might deviate from the DOS-based behaviour due to the way XP handles 16-bit programs.
  • dolev9dolev9 Posts: 147Member
    hello there

tp7 run in dos under partialy dos in windows
    (windows xp does not anable entire dos to work althought win98 do).

if you want to work under windows only download
    tpw(turbo pascal for windows) from emule.

dolev
  • kerimkerim Posts: 6Member
    or try out the Dev Pascal