Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

JSpeex API

vivekgkvivekgk Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I am new to this site. I'm doing my B.Tech in Computer Science, and our final year project is a VOIP application, with voice chat over any network. Its completely java based, to avoid platform dependency. Currently, we have a prototype that works on a LAN, using 64kbps PCM. We havent used any compression techniques.

Recently, I heard about the JSpeex project, that aims to implement the open source speech compression format Speex in Java. I would like to implement Jspeex into my project. Can anyone tell me how to do this? There is a player available for download from the Jspeex sourceforge site, but it only does files. I need something that can take a PCM audio stream as input, and encodes it using JSpeex. At the receiver end, it has to process an audio stream and convert it back to PCM.

Hope someone can shed some light on this

Thank You

Comments

• nencinanencina Posts: 1Member
    Hello,
    I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I was wondering if you got any assistance and would be willing to pass it down to me. I am trying to implement JSpeex into my VoIP application as well.

Cheers,
    Nico