Popup stuff - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Popup stuff

SaMoSaMo Posts: 36Member
Hello everyone!

What I need is to open a popup window, run certain actions there and then close the popup, passing the control back to the popup calling window along with the information user entered in the popup. While opening the popup itself and running certain pages there is pretty straightforward, I have no idea how to accomplish the rest. It may be possible to transfer information between windows with the help of session, but I am not sure if both popup and calling window will belong to same one session. And I definitely do not know how to switch back to the calling window when popup has finished its work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• myrddinmyrddin Posts: 3Member
    : Hello everyone!
    :
    : What I need is to open a popup window, run certain actions there and then close the popup, passing the control back to the popup calling window along with the information user entered in the popup. While opening the popup itself and running certain pages there is pretty straightforward, I have no idea how to accomplish the rest. It may be possible to transfer information between windows with the help of session, but I am not sure if both popup and calling window will belong to same one session. And I definitely do not know how to switch back to the calling window when popup has finished its work.
    :
    : Any help greatly appreciated.
    :

Below is the script from a pop-up that I use. This code is the whole pop-up page. Once this window closes, the 'parent' window should still be on 'top'. Rather simple, but (as a beginner) something I have used successfully in several of my pages.

If an error is encountered, this page stays open with the error displayed, so you will need to use error handling to ignore the error (i.e. OnError ResumeNext).

<%
    Dim sql_update

sql_update=Trim(request("sql_update"))

Set RSstatus = Conn.Execute(sql_update)

%>

window.close();