Using C++ classes? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using C++ classes?

MastikMastik Posts: 19Member
Hello,

I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.

Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.

I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).

Thanks.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.
    :
    : Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.
    :
    : I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).

That's well beyond the level I've ever gone with python. I know the standard documentation includes information about integrating python and C. You'd better off posting your question to the comp.lang.python newsgroup.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• MastikMastik Posts: 19Member
    : : Hello,
    : :
    : : I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.
    : : Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.
    : : I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).
    :
    : That's well beyond the level I've ever gone with python. I know the standard documentation includes information about integrating python and C. You'd better off posting your question to the comp.lang.python newsgroup.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    Will do. Thanks.

Funny how the more you know about programming the less you feel you know about programming.
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Funny how the more you know about programming the less you feel you know about programming.

First there is a mountain.
    Then there is no mountain.
    Then there is.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]