Using C++ classes? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using C++ classes?

MastikMastik Posts: 19Member
Hello,

I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.

Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.

I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).

Thanks.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.
    :
    : Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.
    :
    : I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).

That's well beyond the level I've ever gone with python. I know the standard documentation includes information about integrating python and C. You'd better off posting your question to the comp.lang.python newsgroup.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• MastikMastik Posts: 19Member
    : : Hello,
    : :
    : : I haven't done it yet, but I know where the project I am working on will be going. I was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how I would be able to use some c++ code in my python.
    : : Here is a bit more background info on the problem. There is a camera device that all the drivers and conversion between capture modes are in a C++ SDK/code. I being that the project is written in python I would like to have this occure in python for its cross platform capabilities.
    : : I was reading on SWIG but for some reason I am drawing blank, well hit a mental block on how to use SWIG to import/implement C++ in Python. So I was wondering if anyone knows a site or how to go about doing it. And for any examples lets say I have to use 8 C++ classes/objects (not that I have to, just want to make sure that I cover my bases).
    :
    : That's well beyond the level I've ever gone with python. I know the standard documentation includes information about integrating python and C. You'd better off posting your question to the comp.lang.python newsgroup.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    Will do. Thanks.

Funny how the more you know about programming the less you feel you know about programming.
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Funny how the more you know about programming the less you feel you know about programming.

First there is a mountain.
    Then there is no mountain.
    Then there is.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]