Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Table Updates

Hello!

I have been experiencing a situation during table updates... Sometimes, the changes that I make to the table are displayed instantly, and other times, the changes are shown after I update something else.

I have been able to correct this sometimes by displaying a messagebox after I update a table. But there are other times in which, with message and all, the updates are not shown. It is strange because, even though the changes are not displayed, I can go to the table directly in the database and they are there!

So, is it possible that the updating is delayed by something that does not have anything to do with my programming?

Comments

• jlegjleg Member Posts: 237
    [b][red]This message was edited by jleg at 2005-3-31 15:0:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello!
    :
    : I have been experiencing a situation during table updates... Sometimes, the changes that I make to the table are displayed instantly, and other times, the changes are shown after I update something else.
    :
    : I have been able to correct this sometimes by displaying a messagebox after I update a table. But there are other times in which, with message and all, the updates are not shown. It is strange because, even though the changes are not displayed, I can go to the table directly in the database and they are there!
    :
    : So, is it possible that the updating is delayed by something that does not have anything to do with my programming?

You may need to perform a refresh or requery after an update for your controls to show the current data that is in your table. I assume that you are using ADO and ADODC controls. It also depends on your connection properties. Make sure that you are using properties that will return a recordset that will see updates.

Hope this helps

John
    :