Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

A non access database? :]

flasoneflasone Member Posts: 1
Ok, here is the problem:
I've obtained a huge database and I need to make a neat little program 4 searching over the file, etc. You know, the usual stuff. The poroblem is that this database is in *.txt file format. It is in a format:

There are a few problems with this.
First, I have no idea how to convert this into an access database, no idea is it even possible.
Second of all some names and adresses are tricky becouse there is more than one word in some of them.
Third. the most anoying one is that I have 10 to 20 files, each has more than 20000 lines :P So, it should be fast and stable.
I spent 3 days in front of this anoying machine trying to make this work but I can't do it alone obviously. It is ok if the files stay .txt, I just want this to work.

Please help, I'm going to kill myself.

Comments

• bmiller1222bmiller1222 Member Posts: 107
    : Ok, here is the problem:
    : I've obtained a huge database and I need to make a neat little program 4 searching over the file, etc. You know, the usual stuff. The poroblem is that this database is in *.txt file format. It is in a format:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : There are a few problems with this.
    : First, I have no idea how to convert this into an access database, no idea is it even possible.
    : Second of all some names and adresses are tricky becouse there is more than one word in some of them.
    : Third. the most anoying one is that I have 10 to 20 files, each has more than 20000 lines :P So, it should be fast and stable.
    : I spent 3 days in front of this anoying machine trying to make this work but I can't do it alone obviously. It is ok if the files stay .txt, I just want this to work.
    :
    : Please help, I'm going to kill myself.
    :
    :
    I can help you develop a program to convert and view your files.
    Your orginal .txt files will stay intact, with no changes, and
    an access database can be generated. Files from the databases can be converted back to .txt files also. If you are interested email me at
    bmiller1222@gmail.com