Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Sorting a datagrid by times

dynamicarraydynamicarray Posts: 11Member
I am making a scheduling system. And I am having trouble sorting my datagrid by the times in the grid. For example if you insert a surgery procedure@ 12:00pm and then insert another one @ 2:00pm the one @ 2:00 pm will display before the 12:00pm ; if someone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative. I am going to post an example of the search function that displays the datagrid with the information I am talking about.

Public Function Search()
Dim table As String = "Schedule"
Dim SearchCrit As String = Dtpdate.Value.Date
Dim dsschedule As New DataSet()

dsschedule = dsFill("SELECT * FROM Schedule" _
+ " WHERE Dates = '" + SearchCrit + _
"' ORDER BY Times ASC", table, "select")

DataGrid1.DataBindings.Clear()

With DataGrid1
.DataSource = dsschedule
.DataMember = table
.SetDataBinding(dsschedule, table)
.ReadOnly = True
End With
End Function

Comments

• xtabmvpxtabmvp Posts: 23Member
    I think the root of your problem lies in the way you are effectively casting the DateTime to a String type for the search.
    You should search for the date(s) themselves, not a String equivalent of them. I think you will then find that the ascending order display will work as you want.

: I am making a scheduling system. And I am having trouble sorting my datagrid by the times in the grid. For example if you insert a surgery procedure@ 12:00pm and then insert another one @ 2:00pm the one @ 2:00 pm will display before the 12:00pm ; if someone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative. I am going to post an example of the search function that displays the datagrid with the information I am talking about.
    :
    : Public Function Search()
    : Dim table As String = "Schedule"
    : Dim SearchCrit As String = Dtpdate.Value.Date
    : Dim dsschedule As New DataSet()
    :
    : dsschedule = dsFill("SELECT * FROM Schedule" _
    : + " WHERE Dates = '" + SearchCrit + _
    : "' ORDER BY Times ASC", table, "select")
    :
    : DataGrid1.DataBindings.Clear()
    :
    : With DataGrid1
    : .DataSource = dsschedule
    : .DataMember = table
    : .SetDataBinding(dsschedule, table)
    : .ReadOnly = True
    : End With
    : End Function
    :
    :