Sorting a datagrid by times - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Sorting a datagrid by times

dynamicarraydynamicarray Posts: 11Member
I am making a scheduling system. And I am having trouble sorting my datagrid by the times in the grid. For example if you insert a surgery procedure@ 12:00pm and then insert another one @ 2:00pm the one @ 2:00 pm will display before the 12:00pm ; if someone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative. I am going to post an example of the search function that displays the datagrid with the information I am talking about.

Public Function Search()
Dim table As String = "Schedule"
Dim SearchCrit As String = Dtpdate.Value.Date
Dim dsschedule As New DataSet()

dsschedule = dsFill("SELECT * FROM Schedule" _
+ " WHERE Dates = '" + SearchCrit + _
"' ORDER BY Times ASC", table, "select")

DataGrid1.DataBindings.Clear()

With DataGrid1
.DataSource = dsschedule
.DataMember = table
.SetDataBinding(dsschedule, table)
.ReadOnly = True
End With
End Function

Comments

• xtabmvpxtabmvp Posts: 23Member
    I think the root of your problem lies in the way you are effectively casting the DateTime to a String type for the search.
    You should search for the date(s) themselves, not a String equivalent of them. I think you will then find that the ascending order display will work as you want.

: I am making a scheduling system. And I am having trouble sorting my datagrid by the times in the grid. For example if you insert a surgery procedure@ 12:00pm and then insert another one @ 2:00pm the one @ 2:00 pm will display before the 12:00pm ; if someone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative. I am going to post an example of the search function that displays the datagrid with the information I am talking about.
    :
    : Public Function Search()
    : Dim table As String = "Schedule"
    : Dim SearchCrit As String = Dtpdate.Value.Date
    : Dim dsschedule As New DataSet()
    :
    : dsschedule = dsFill("SELECT * FROM Schedule" _
    : + " WHERE Dates = '" + SearchCrit + _
    : "' ORDER BY Times ASC", table, "select")
    :
    : DataGrid1.DataBindings.Clear()
    :
    : With DataGrid1
    : .DataSource = dsschedule
    : .DataMember = table
    : .SetDataBinding(dsschedule, table)
    : .ReadOnly = True
    : End With
    : End Function
    :
    :