Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

In conjunction with 'Error message not familiar with'

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
I eventually think I managed to remove the previous error I posted about. However, I still have problems.

The drop down menu refuses to display properly.

This is what it is meant to look like:
http://www.bathgate-dateldigest.co.uk
(Notice the drop down menu on the left of the page when you change the business category).

I've modified that page so that I draw the categories from a database.
The code which I generate looks exactly the same, but it still doesn't work.

Here is what I've got:

[code]
PHP script code which generates the JavaScript

$q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM category");

echo "
"; // all of the following generates the javascript menu for the page
echo " ";

[/code]

Don't worry if you don't understand the above, it's just there to help if you do understand (the solution can probably be found without it).

This is the javascript which it generates:

[code]

[/code]

'fw_menu.js' is just a generic script file which comes with Dreamweaver - it's not really relevant - you can probably find it on the 'net somewhere if you really need it.

Anyway, I then reference the above code (which is in the part of the page)
by doing this:

[code]
fwLoadMenus();

area

[/code]

The first line of the above is where I used to get the error in my previous post. The rest of it just lets the user roll over my image to bring up the menu.

It does not display correctly though - in Firefox all of the items in the menu are displayed on top of each other and in IExplore the items are not inserted in the menu - they are displayed beside the menu.

How can I resolve this issue?

Please help, many thanks,

ITA
"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"