Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

3D Engine

poisonpoison Posts: 5Member
This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.

I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).

THX!

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    :
    : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    :
    : THX!
    :
    You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.

I really hope this helped.
    :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    Whatever fits would be the best structure. It will keep on iterating and changes will keep on happening. Don't worry too much about it. Just make it however you think best.

: : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    : :
    : : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    : : THX!
    : You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.
    :
    : I really hope this helped.
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :

[b][red]This message was edited by Gaashius at 2005-4-6 10:13:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : Whatever fits would be the best structure. It will keep on iterating and changes will keep on happening. Don't worry too much about it. Just make it however you think best.
    :
    :
    : : : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    : : :
    : : : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    : : : THX!
    : : You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.
    : : I really hope this helped.
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    That's right, but if you want to release your work, make it understandable. Other case it's really unnecessary how do you do it. If it will be made to release a GAME, try to make it the best(on your level).

Any questions? Just ask!

No, dont try to make it the best, make one that works.

: [b][red]This message was edited by Gaashius at 2005-4-6 10:13:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Whatever fits would be the best structure. It will keep on iterating and changes will keep on happening. Don't worry too much about it. Just make it however you think best.
    : : : : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    : : : :
    : : : : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    : : : : THX!
    : : : You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.
    : : : I really hope this helped.
    : : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : That's right, but if you want to release your work, make it understandable. Other case it's really unnecessary how do you do it. If it will be made to release a GAME, try to make it the best(on your level).
    :
    : **************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

: No, dont try to make it the best, make one that works.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Gaashius at 2005-4-6 10:13:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Whatever fits would be the best structure. It will keep on iterating and changes will keep on happening. Don't worry too much about it. Just make it however you think best.
    : : : : : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    : : : : : THX!
    : : : : You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.
    : : : : I really hope this helped.
    : : : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : : That's right, but if you want to release your work, make it understandable. Other case it's really unnecessary how do you do it. If it will be made to release a GAME, try to make it the best(on your level).
    : : **************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    All combined: make the best that works! :-)

Any questions? Just ask!

• bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
    : : No, dont try to make it the best, make one that works.
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by Gaashius at 2005-4-6 10:13:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Whatever fits would be the best structure. It will keep on iterating and changes will keep on happening. Don't worry too much about it. Just make it however you think best.
    : : : : : : This is my second message so i'm a novice in posting messages.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : I wold like to make a 3D engine using the DirectX 9 SDK, and VC6, i know a little about directx: loading meshes mooving the camera... but i don't know exactly how to make the engine's structure, (Object Oriented??, or what).
    : : : : : : THX!
    : : : : : You can try only using procs, but the object oriented way is better, I think. I have only saw object-oriented ways of this. You can use your skills "loading meshes mooving the camera..." to create objects or classes or else such as TCamera, TDetailedMap, TItem, TTexture, etc.. Yes, I think the OOP solution will be the best.
    : : : : : I really hope this helped.
    : : : : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : : : That's right, but if you want to release your work, make it understandable. Other case it's really unnecessary how do you do it. If it will be made to release a GAME, try to make it the best(on your level).
    : : : **************
    : : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : All combined: make the best that works! :-)
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Figured this would fit nicely with this post, anyways where can i find a tutorial or a help file or something about creating a 3d engine? I am quite familiar with c++/vb and would like to create a simple engine preferably with c++. thanks.
  • poisonpoison Posts: 5Member
    i than all of you who ansered my post.
    i started already on my engine. it is good but it is room for improovement.

i have another question :
    How can i load an animated X file ??

Rephrase your question - You just use the directx function to load any x file - animated or not. How to animate after loading is a different story :).

: i have another question :
    : How can i load an animated X file ??
    :
    :
    :

OK. I will rephrase my question :
    -how can i display an animated X file ?