Installing PHP, MySQL and Apache on Win XP machine - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Installing PHP, MySQL and Apache on Win XP machine

mac_doggiemac_doggie Posts: 488Member
Hi,

I have two workstations, one is a meditower and one is a laptop. The meditower has Apache2 MySQL4.1 and PHP5 running and works perfectly fine. I installed the same software on the Laptop and it won't work.

When starting the apache service I get an alertb0ox telling me:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './extphp_mysql.dll' - Kan opgegeven module niet vinden

("Kan opgegeven module niet vinden" means: cannot find specified module.)

I tried changing / into and changing / into but this didn't make any difference. It shouldn't because I use the same php.ini on the meditower and there it works fine...

I remember I did something in SQL once to get MySQL 4.1 running with PHP on the meditower. I changed the password type to OLDPASS or something, but I didn't write it down and I can't seem to find out anymore what it was exactly I did. Can anyone tell me if this should be the problem and how I can correct it ? I allready renstalled all applications several times but that didn't matter...

Hope someone can help me out here, I'm going slightly mad... hust very slightly mad... like Freddy Mercery would say...

kind regards,

Mac-Doggie
;-)
-mac-
mailto:[email protected]
the Netherlands...

Comments