Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Looking for a Javascript that does this...

hippychic43hippychic43 Posts: 19Member
Hi, I'm looking for a particular javascript, but I can't find it and don't actually know if it's possible with javascript.

You know how when you are looking at say windows help, and you're viewing the contents, if one of the titles is so long that is flows over the width of the frame then when you mouseover the text a little tooltip appears that sits over top of both frames so that you can view the whole title?

Well I want to achieve that effect but on a website, My menu is a floating frame, which is within another frame on the left, and when the user puts the mouseover a title that is too long to completely fit the width of the floating frame I want a tooltip to appear that isn't bounded to the width of the floating frame, it can sit over top of the other frames.

All of the scripts I've seen so far aren't capable of doing this, they get cut off at the edge of the frame, so I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible and if so would they be able to give me or tell me where the code to do it is.

Thanks

Comments

• mac_doggiemac_doggie Posts: 488Member
    : Hi, I'm looking for a particular javascript, but I can't find it and don't actually know if it's possible with javascript.
    :
    : You know how when you are looking at say windows help, and you're viewing the contents, if one of the titles is so long that is flows over the width of the frame then when you mouseover the text a little tooltip appears that sits over top of both frames so that you can view the whole title?
    :
    : Well I want to achieve that effect but on a website, My menu is a floating frame, which is within another frame on the left, and when the user puts the mouseover a title that is too long to completely fit the width of the floating frame I want a tooltip to appear that isn't bounded to the width of the floating frame, it can sit over top of the other frames.
    :
    : All of the scripts I've seen so far aren't capable of doing this, they get cut off at the edge of the frame, so I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible and if so would they be able to give me or tell me where the code to do it is.
    :
    : Thanks
    :

You should try using div tags in stead of frames... But I think you can achieve what you mean with the title propertie of each html tag. It's the same as an alt property for an image...

This is...
    ;-)
    -mac-
    mailto:mac_doggie@hotmail.com
    the Netherlands...

• hippychic43hippychic43 Posts: 19Member
    Thankyou so much, that worked perfectly!