Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help -- Inserting into a Database

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me because I have been having a problem when I try to close a recordset because there is a message that says that I cannot close something that is already close...

My question is: does the insert into table (fields) values (values) close the recordset after it inserts the desired fields?

When I try to close recordsets that have only been used with "Select" I do not have this problem...

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Member Posts: 441
    You shouldn't use a recorset for insert records. You should use an ADODB.Command Object, begin from there.

I suppose ADO closes the recordset because it doesnt return records.

------
    : Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me because I have been having a problem when I try to close a recordset because there is a message that says that I cannot close something that is already close...
    :
    : My question is: does the insert into table (fields) values (values) close the recordset after it inserts the desired fields?
    :
    : When I try to close recordsets that have only been used with "Select" I do not have this problem...
    :
    :
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]