MouseCurve - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MouseCurve

john32john32 Posts: 4Member
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the mouse to move from point a to point b. Sounds simple enough? How can I go about making it move in a curve like motion? Any input would be greatly appreaciated, thank you.

-John32

Comments

• john32john32 Posts: 4Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by john32 at 2005-3-16 19:21:10[/red][/b][hr]
    ok, i can see now that if i were to involve a curve when moving the mouse from point a to point b would require a parabola of some sorts. with a parabola one would need at least four points. so how would i be able to wrte a program wher the mouse follows the path set by a random parabola containing points a and b and two other random points in between a and b. a being the staring point and b being the destination. thank you for any suggestions
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Phat Nat at 2005-3-17 18:15:20[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by john32 at 2005-3-16 19:21:10[/red][/b][hr]
    : ok, i can see now that if i were to involve a curve when moving the mouse from point a to point b would require a parabola of some sorts. with a parabola one would need at least four points. so how would i be able to wrte a program wher the mouse follows the path set by a random parabola containing points a and b and two other random points in between a and b. a being the staring point and b being the destination. thank you for any suggestions
    :

What reason do you want the mouse to move in a curve? Does it need to follow a specific curve? Are you going to input [b]a[/b] and [b]b[/b] beforehand and have the mouse start there or just allow the mouse to continue moving through a series of parabolas?

What are you using for graphics? BGI? ASM? TPU?
    I work in ASM for graphics, but here goes a try:
    [code]
    PROGRAM Parab;
    USES Crt, Dos, Mouse, Nats;
    VAR
    MX, MY : Word;
    MB : Byte;
    T : Word;

PROCEDURE HideMouse; Assembler;
    ASM
    Mov Ax, $0000
    Int $33
    End;

PROCEDURE ShowMouse; Assembler;
    ASM
    Mov Ax, $0001
    Int $33
    End;

PROCEDURE GetMouse(VAR MouseX, MouseY : Word; VAR MouseB : Byte); Assembler;
    ASM
    Mov Ax, $0003
    Int $33
    Shr Cx, 1
    Les Di, MouseX { ES:DI = @MouseX }
    Mov Es:[Di], Cx
    Les Di, MouseY { ES:DI = @MouseY }
    Mov Es:[Di], Dx
    Les Di, MouseB { ES:DI = @MouseY }
    Mov Es:[Di], Bl
    End;

PROCEDURE Show(X,Y : Word);
    VAR
    T1,T2 : Integer;
    Begin
    For T2 := 0 to 3 Do
    For T1 := 0 to 3 Do
    Mem[$A000:X+T1+(Y+T2)*320] := 15;
    End;

PROCEDURE Hide(X,Y : Word);
    VAR
    T1,T2 : Integer;
    Begin
    For T2 := 0 to 3 Do
    For T1 := 0 to 3 Do
    Mem[$A000:X+T1+(Y+T2)*320] := 0;
    End;

FUNCTION Pow(X, Y : Integer) : LongInt;
    VAR Z : Byte;
    Total : LongInt;
    Begin
    Total := X;
    For Z := 2 to Abs(Y) Do
    Total := Total * X;
    Pow := Total;
    End;

Begin
    InitVGA;
    DirectVideo := False;
    ShowMouse;
    Repeat
    Hide(Mx,My);
    GetMouse(MX,MY,MB);
    MY := Round(Sin((MX/320*180)*Pi/180)*190);
    { T := Pow(2,(Integer(MX)-160) DIV 14);
    MY := Round(T/15);}
    Show(Mx,My);
    Delay(3);
    Until Keypressed;
    HideMouse;
    Readkey;
    CloseGraphics;
    End.
    [/code]

I don't know why you'd want this, but this does it (Although it's not a true "parabola", it's just half a sine wave)

There is code for a parabola (I think, school was many years ago & most of us are not mathmeticians), but this gives a start. You can do all the math part of it ;)

*Note that you can remove ShowMouse/HideMouse to remove the actual mouse path and see just the calculated path.