Chatbox without using a flat file or a database - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Chatbox without using a flat file or a database

treshrtreshr Posts: 326Member
Does anybody have any experience creating a chatbox using the usleep() method without an database or a flot file.
Is it possible to create a file using a socket or something and that i looks for a message.
I don't want to create a chatbox that has to refresh every second.

Thanx in advance,

--=][tReShR][=--

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : Does anybody have any experience creating a chatbox using the usleep() method without an database or a flot file.
    : Is it possible to create a file using a socket or something and that i looks for a message.
    : I don't want to create a chatbox that has to refresh every second.
    :
    : Thanx in advance,
    :
    : --=][tReShR][=--
    :
    you can make one script that open a listening connection and handles data transmission
    and a second script that users use to connect to the first one. this sends and retrieves sdata from the first one using sockets
    the 1st one is 'infinite' script - will terminate when server is shut down
    the 2nd might consist of 2 frames - one that displays data, and other that will reload the 1st frame when data becomes available (wait until socket becomes readable & then send JavaScript code to reload the other frame)
    better sketch down the algorithm, as this syncing might get messy
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]