Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

pixelarray?

hello,
can anybody say me how i can access the pixels of a window(maybe fullscreen) and write the colors from a array in it?

what should i use for this directdraw/3d, opengl, or just windowsfunctions?
it should be fast, easy and look smooth(i dont want to see how the screen is filled)

hope you understand my question
thanks for all replies

Comments

• bog2k3bog2k3 Posts: 56Member
    you could use windows functions to draw on the window canvas directly but if you want something really fast (and to not see how the screen is filled) you should use directdraw. first create a primary surface to which you attach a backbuffer. you blit your drawing on the backbuffer and then flip the buffers and voila! the drawing is shown on the screen in a split second.
  • shadowomfshadowomf Posts: 6Member
    thanks for the help

i will try it, do you know any good tutorials about it?
  • bog2k3bog2k3 Posts: 56Member
    : thanks for the help
    :
    : i will try it, do you know any good tutorials about it?
    :

i happen to have a tutorial for u. I made it in C++ Builder 5.0.
    If you want it, gimme your e-mail and i will send it to u. good luck.
  • ssaammll75ssaammll75 Posts: 2Member
    : : thanks for the help
    : :
    : : i will try it, do you know any good tutorials about it?
    : :
    :
    : i happen to have a tutorial for u. I made it in C++ Builder 5.0.
    : If you want it, gimme your e-mail and i will send it to u. good luck.
    :
    I could use your tutorial, please? saml75@yahoo.com.
    I'm having trouble getting into a file format that is very rare, and I hope the compression is not an oddball format.