Your own programming language - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Your own programming language

Do any of you have your own programming languages? I am currently working on one called Klimactik, but I don't know how to make a real live one, so so far the only command is print :P And it's interpreted, instead of compiled like I want it to be :P

I've also made a very small programming language called Tutorial Master, which is a language made for creating tutorials. Why? It has built in quiz functionality, printing to the screen(duh), getting a keypress, clearing the screen, etc.

If you haven't got one, it's not that hard to make a basic one. In C, try something like

/* simple file print command */
fgets(command, 6, fp);
if(!strcmp(command, "print ")) {
fgets(arg, 80, fp);
printf("%s",arg);
}

Comments

• 684867684867 Posts: 110Member
    : Do any of you have your own programming languages? I am currently working on one called Klimactik, but I don't know how to make a real live one, so so far the only command is print :P And it's interpreted, instead of compiled like I want it to be :P

DUDE, no offense intended...BUT READ THE POSTINGS BELOW! ;-)
    Most of the postings with my handle concern a language I have been working on.

(I could use some help ;P

Excellence Breeds! Go Hard or Go Home.

Let Penguins rule the earth.
    Break some windows today.

• AlexandrescuAlexandrescu Posts: 66Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Alexandrescu at 2005-4-23 18:51:44[/red][/b][hr]
    Everybody can have his own programming language; the "danger" here is that sutch languages have the tendency to be and remain just TOYS!
    There is nothing so wrong about making toys, but - if you really want to do something usefull - why wouldn't you join CBOOP/X' team !?

This project is just begun, so you lost nothing yet; If you want to see the project's details, just check this messageboard's topic "Project Summary (CBOOP/X)" by "684867" (strange denomination for a user!)

A programming language is not one's own. It is the evolution of other preceding languages. If you build your "own language" how much of that language will be the result of what you know of other languages?

I started working on X in 1992. At the time is was called AMI-ML and it was to be "my own language." Then I realized that the more C++ I learned the better C++ became. I stopped work on AMI-ML for a while, learned more C++ and realized the flaws it had yet to overcome. I had already begun criticizing COM and DCOM, so I evolved the original AMI-ML component design into a more C-like structure.

Soon, as I began to understand compiler design and the complexity of the matter I started to consider simplifying the language. (This caused Will_E_Coyote and I to argue endlessly.) The result was X, a language of expressions and components.

X is not my language. Nor is component-based programming my paradigm. It is the evolution of the minds which contribute to its emergence. You should consider joining the team.

(P.S. My handle...684867...actually has meaning. For me it means freedom, captivity, frustration and the proven ability to survive.)

: A programming language is not one's own. It is the evolution of other preceding languages. If you build your "own language" how much of that language will be the result of what you know of other languages?

Basically correct, yet unprovable!

: I started working on X in 1992. At the time is was called AMI-ML and it was to be "my own language." Then I realized that the more C++ I learned the better C++ became. I stopped work on AMI-ML for a while, learned more C++ and realized the flaws it had yet to overcome. I had already begun criticizing COM and DCOM, so I evolved the original AMI-ML component design into a more C-like structure.
    :
    : Soon, as I began to understand compiler design and the complexity of the matter I started to consider simplifying the language. (This caused Will_E_Coyote and I to argue endlessly.) The result was X, a language of expressions and components.
    :
    : X is not my language. Nor is component-based programming my paradigm. It is the evolution of the minds which contribute to its emergence. You should consider joining the team.

Every intellectual possesion belongs to it's first discoverer - that's the unwritten law.
    I already started my own PL, that fairly matches your PL's ideeas / concepts - in a more mathematical way; therefore I'll consider that.

: (P.S. My handle...684867...actually has meaning. For me it means freedom, captivity, frustration and the proven ability to survive.)

At the moment I posted my first message here, I didn't know your real name; it also seamed awkward to me that somebody refears to himself using exclusively numbers.
    As for this number's meaning, I find it very poethic - poesy goes with mathematics and mathematics goes with... AI(got it?).

:
    : ****************************************
    : Excellence Breeds! Go Hard or Go Home.
    :
    : Let Penguins rule the earth.
    : Break some windows today.
    :
    :

P.S.: Did you contact Gaashius?
    : P.S.: Did you contact Gaashius?
    :

Yes, I sent an email this afternoon before posting earlier replies

If you love bricollage and still want to build your compiler, then how about building it from scratches!?

Learn how to develop a compiler from the W programming language author, by following the bellow hyperlink:

http://www.vttoth.com/w.htm

I think his ideea is interresting. From now on it' your call.
    ================================================
    ((cons(car X)(cdr X))X)
    holds(X,P):-P(X);holds(Y,P),IsA(X,Y).

Any (more) questions? SHOOT!