Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

reminder application with flexgrid and ADO

hi
am doing reminder appln. am using vb-flexgrid with ADO support. i hv to invoke the records which are stored in specific date and time. am not able to set time properly. can u help me out pls

Comments

• jlegjleg Member Posts: 237
    : hi
    : am doing reminder appln. am using vb-flexgrid with ADO support. i hv to invoke the records which are stored in specific date and time. am not able to set time properly. can u help me out pls
    :
    Are you talking about the format of the date & time or are you talking about the order of the records? Can you explain a little more?

John ;-)

• sajankksajankk Member Posts: 5
    : : hi
    : : am doing reminder appln. am using vb-flexgrid with ADO support. i hv to invoke the records which are stored in specific date and time. am not able to set time properly. can u help me out pls
    : :
    : Are you talking about the format of the date & time or are you talking about the order of the records? Can you explain a little more?
    :
    : John ;-)
    :
    :
    hi john,

thank u for the reply. actually, am talking about the way, i can able to store the time in a table. i want to use regular format, ie for 8:40AM, want to enter in a text box 8.40 then it should ask AM/PM.
    after storing this time with date (eg:- 12/3/05 for date i am using another text box and a field in table)in a table. The appln. should invoke that particular record on 12/3/05, 8.40( something reminder).
  • sajankksajankk Member Posts: 5
    : : hi
    : : am doing reminder appln. am using vb-flexgrid with ADO support. i hv to invoke the records which are stored in specific date and time. am not able to set time properly. can u help me out pls
    : Are you talking about the format of the date & time or are you talking about the order of the records? Can you explain a little more?
    :
    : John ;-)
    :
    :
    hi john,

thank u for the reply. actually, am talking about the way, i can able to store the time in a table. i want to use regular format, ie for 8:40AM, want to enter in a text box 8.40 then it should ask AM/PM.
    after storing this time with date (eg:- 12/3/05 for date i am using another text box and a field in table)in a table. The appln. should invoke that particular record on 12/3/05, 8.40( something reminder).

expecting ur reply

thanx in advance ... sajan
  • jlegjleg Member Posts: 237
    : : : hi
    : : : am doing reminder appln. am using vb-flexgrid with ADO support. i hv to invoke the records which are stored in specific date and time. am not able to set time properly. can u help me out pls
    : : :
    : : Are you talking about the format of the date & time or are you talking about the order of the records? Can you explain a little more?
    : : John ;-)
    : hi john,
    :
    : thank u for the reply. actually, am talking about the way, i can able to store the time in a table. i want to use regular format, ie for 8:40AM, want to enter in a text box 8.40 then it should ask AM/PM.
    : after storing this time with date (eg:- 12/3/05 for date i am using another text box and a field in table)in a table. The appln. should invoke that particular record on 12/3/05, 8.40( something reminder).
    :
    : expecting ur reply
    :
    : thanx in advance ... sajan
    :
    I have used a DateTime Picker control for entering dates and times. This presents the data in the correct format and allows the user to only enter valid dates and times. You could use this in conjunction with your flexgrid.

If your text box is bound to a datasource you can use the dataformat property to display data in its correct format. Unfortunately it does not stop incorrect user input. You would have to validate first. This is one reason why I have used DateTime Picker. If you wish to display the date value of one field and the time value of another in the same text box you need to concatenate and format the two and present them in your text box.

John ;-)