Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mix Language Processing

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to mix Java codes with VB. Like for example, VB wants to call a procedure which was written in Java. Can that be done?

Comments

• brutallicabrutallica Posts: 20Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I would like to know if it's possible to mix Java codes with VB. Like for example, VB wants to call a procedure which was written in Java. Can that be done?
    :
    Oops...I worded it wrongly. I meant Mixed Language Programming...not Mixed Language Processing.
  • GenjuroGenjuro Posts: 913Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I would like to know if it's possible to mix Java codes with VB. Like for example, VB wants to call a procedure which was written in Java. Can that be done?
    : Oops...I worded it wrongly. I meant Mixed Language Programming...not Mixed Language Processing.
    :

As for plain Java, as far as I know, no, you can't. Unless perhaps you place a Java applet inside a webbrowser control, but I don't know to what extent things can be hacked that way.
    But, on the other hand, MS's J++ has COM support, so it's another matter entirely, so yes, it can be done that way. But it isn't "pure" Java.
  • brutallicabrutallica Posts: 20Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I would like to know if it's possible to mix Java codes with VB. Like for example, VB wants to call a procedure which was written in Java. Can that be done?
    : : :
    : : Oops...I worded it wrongly. I meant Mixed Language Programming...not Mixed Language Processing.
    :
    : As for plain Java, as far as I know, no, you can't. Unless perhaps you place a Java applet inside a webbrowser control, but I don't know to what extent things can be hacked that way.
    : But, on the other hand, MS's J++ has COM support, so it's another matter entirely, so yes, it can be done that way. But it isn't "pure" Java.

I see...I understand now then. I read about this too in a VB book and it said something about J++...that's why I was wondering if it was the same as Java. It also said about some language called Visual B++...is that another name for Visual Basic?? Or is that another language??

Thanks for your reply :)
  • the walrusthe walrus Posts: 249Member
    hah, i've never heard of "Visual B++".. i dont think it exists, but if it did wouldn't it be algol-like? wasn't "B" what "C" and therefore "C++" evolved from? so if there was a "Visual B++" it would seem to imply being based on "B" more than "BASIC", haha.