Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how ....

atamatatamat Posts: 2Member
How do I change the system sound volume with vb.net??
How can I open a video file??

Comments

• Hugo_DufortHugo_Dufort Posts: 17Member
    : How do I change the system sound volume with vb.net??
    : How can I open a video file??
    :

I think it's not possible ... there is no "Native" class in the framework to do so.

Probaly in VB.NET 2005 ...
  • JohnHogbergJohnHogberg Posts: 17Member
    : : How do I change the system sound volume with vb.net??
    : : How can I open a video file??
    : :
    :
    : I think it's not possible ... there is no "Native" class in the framework to do so.
    :
    : Probaly in VB.NET 2005 ...
    :

Hmm...
    Try using the media player 10 SDK, or DirectX9 SDK, they both support playing video files like *.avi *.mpg and so on :) .

I don't know if you can change direct system volume, but in media player 10 sdk you can change the volume on the video/sound that is played.
  • xtabmvpxtabmvp Posts: 23Member
    : : : How do I change the system sound volume with vb.net??
    : : : How can I open a video file??
    : : :

" With great difficulty" is the honest answer, but it can be done. :-) If you do a detailed search on www.planetsourcecode.com I know there was a demo project on there which I looked at about a year ago. Couldn't find it just now with a very quick search, but it worked well so it's probably worth persevering if you are really interested in playing video files.

VS2005 is scheduled to include better support for sound, but I don't know if this will extend to mpeg video.