What component to use?

[b][red]This message was edited by bubbly at 2005-2-24 3:27:23[/red][/b][hr]
I'm programming a Database Application. What component is best suited for creating a table (same as MS Access)? I was looking at using a Grid, but I can't find one that doesn't need to be linked to an already existing database. I need something that can display and edit the records that are stored in a text file.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bubbly

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by bubbly at 2005-2-24 3:27:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : I'm programming a Database Application. What component is best suited for creating a table (same as MS Access)? I was looking at using a Grid, but I can't find one that doesn't need to be linked to an already existing database. I need something that can display and edit the records that are stored in a text file.
    :
    : Any help would be appreciated,
    :
    : Bubbly
    :
    :
    :
    You can use the TStringGrid for that. That isn't data-aware control, so all the navigation, file i/o, and adding/deleting records must be manually be entered.
  • Sorry to bother you again, but how do I input the data into the grid? How do I address each cell?

Thanks again
    Bubbly

: : [b][red]This message was edited by bubbly at 2005-2-24 3:27:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I'm programming a Database Application. What component is best suited for creating a table (same as MS Access)? I was looking at using a Grid, but I can't find one that doesn't need to be linked to an already existing database. I need something that can display and edit the records that are stored in a text file.
    : :
    : : Any help would be appreciated,
    : : Bubbly
    : You can use the TStringGrid for that. That isn't data-aware control, so all the navigation, file i/o, and adding/deleting records must be manually be entered.
    :

• : Sorry to bother you again, but how do I input the data into the grid? How do I address each cell?
    :
    : Thanks again
    : Bubbly
    :
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bubbly at 2005-2-24 3:27:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I'm programming a Database Application. What component is best suited for creating a table (same as MS Access)? I was looking at using a Grid, but I can't find one that doesn't need to be linked to an already existing database. I need something that can display and edit the records that are stored in a text file.
    : : :
    : : : Any help would be appreciated,
    : : : Bubbly
    : : You can use the TStringGrid for that. That isn't data-aware control, so all the navigation, file i/o, and adding/deleting records must be manually be entered.
    :
    :
    You can access each cell using the Cells[] property, each row using the Rows[] property, you can change the number of rows using the RowCount property. How to use those is detailed in the help files.