DCOM call blocking when called from more than one remote client - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DCOM call blocking when called from more than one remote client

Hi

I have a problem with my Free threaded server. With multiple processes on the local machine I have no problem executing simultaneous calls, however if two remote machines try to execute simultaneous calls then one of them will block and wait for the other one. If I suspend the thread then the other call proceeds (I have tried changing priority levels with no effect).

While the system is blocked I can still make new calls from a process on the local machine, but any remote machine blocks on any call to any server object.

I am wondering if this is a configuration issue or something I should be calling in the startup code?

I have tried on Windows 2000, 2003 Server, XP all with and without service packs.

The Server is a C++ app, the clients are a combination of VB DLLs hosted inside a C++ app.

Any help will be appreciated!

Mike