Executing an executable on another computer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Executing an executable on another computer

I've made a chat program to comunicate in the companny network and in our clients network. Everything works fine if the program is allready open in the computer(s) we want to comunicate, but if the program is closed then we are, of course, unable to comunicate. Is there any way to start the program on the other(s) computer(s) throw the network? (i've tried the shell command, but the shell command only runs on the calling computer even if the file is on the other computer)

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
    That's is the reason of RPC. Microsoft called RPC... COM+, but at least you need a DLL in the Transaccion Manager of COM+, or Win2K and XP, in the control panel in Administrative Tools in COM+. You can configure it to work in Internet COM+.

Write a new VB DLL mutithreaded, one that runs you application, install in COM+ and from the COM+ utility tell where do you want it to run. Any machine that participates in this process should have WinXP, Win2K, or Microsot Transaction Server, Installed.

Give the right security to the new module. And try it, write and exe and in the code do this...

Dim X as Object
    X = CreateObject("MyLib.MySub", "TheMachine")

I spend two weeks the fist time to understand why i had to give the right security, context, where do i have to install my dll, etc. But I'm sure you will find it easier.

-----
    : I've made a chat program to comunicate in the companny network and in our clients network. Everything works fine if the program is allready open in the computer(s) we want to comunicate, but if the program is closed then we are, of course, unable to comunicate. Is there any way to start the program on the other(s) computer(s) throw the network? (i've tried the shell command, but the shell command only runs on the calling computer even if the file is on the other computer)
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]