Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

process a keystroke

Does anyone know how to process a keystroke when entering it in a standard VB6 textbox? Right now it just jump to next tabstop. What I wish to do is to catch it just like a keystroke;

How would it look for a catch? I found out that there should be a textbox with a "AcceptsTab" property... but I can't find it. All input is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Lars Thornqvist

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
    The KeyAscii for TAB is 9. Look for in the old ASCII Charts in very old books. lol.

Private Sub AE_SerialNo_KeyPress(keyascii As Integer)
    If keyascii = 9 Then
    ' Use it and ...
    keyascii = 0
    End If

-------
    : Does anyone know how to process a keystroke when entering it in a standard VB6 textbox? Right now it just jump to next tabstop. What I wish to do is to catch it just like a keystroke;
    : ___________________________________________________________
    : Private Sub AE_SerialNo_KeyPress(keyascii As Integer)
    : If keyascii = 13 Then
    : ___________________________________________________________
    :
    : How would it look for a catch? I found out that there should be a textbox with a "AcceptsTab" property... but I can't find it. All input is highly appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Best Regards,
    :
    : Lars Thornqvist
    :
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]

• lars.thornqvislars.thornqvis Posts: 4Member
    Thanks for your reply dude.

My problem is however that windows seem to handle the at a higher level so that I never get a chance to catch it. When pressing the it never trigg the "KeyPress" event.

Any other ide?

Thanks in advance.

: The KeyAscii for TAB is 9. Look for in the old ASCII Charts in very old books. lol.
    :
    : Private Sub AE_SerialNo_KeyPress(keyascii As Integer)
    : If keyascii = 9 Then
    : ' Use it and ...
    : keyascii = 0
    : End If
    :
    :
    : -------
    : : Does anyone know how to process a keystroke when entering it in a standard VB6 textbox? Right now it just jump to next tabstop. What I wish to do is to catch it just like a keystroke;
    : : ___________________________________________________________
    : : Private Sub AE_SerialNo_KeyPress(keyascii As Integer)
    : : If keyascii = 13 Then
    : : ___________________________________________________________
    : :
    : : How would it look for a catch? I found out that there should be a textbox with a "AcceptsTab" property... but I can't find it. All input is highly appreciated.
    : : Thanks in advance.
    : : Best Regards,
    : : Lars Thornqvist
    :
    : [red]Good luck![/red]
    : [blue]Hackman[/blue]
    :
    :

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : Thanks for your reply dude.
    :
    : My problem is however that windows seem to handle the at a higher level so that I never get a chance to catch it. When pressing the it never trigg the "KeyPress" event.
    :
    : Any other ide?
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    :
    :

Use the KeyDown event, for example with a Textbox:
    [and there are constants for the keycodes]

Private Sub Text1_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyCode = Asc(vbTab) Then MsgBox "Tab =" & KeyCode, , "keydown"
    End Sub