Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Multiple Texture Loading

Zell1388Zell1388 Member Posts: 82
How can I load multiple textures? Does it all have to be at the same time and in the same place? I used the NeHe tutorials (nehe.gamedev.net) and they all have texture loading in one spot.

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    It can be at the same time or on request. I have general texture mangr which loads on request, if a texture exists it doesn't load it else it adds it into the list. However you can also load it all at once thus making life easier :)

: How can I load multiple textures? Does it all have to be at the same time and in the same place? I used the NeHe tutorials (nehe.gamedev.net) and they all have texture loading in one spot.
    :

• Zell1388Zell1388 Member Posts: 82
    Really? Did you program it yourself?

: It can be at the same time or on request. I have general texture mangr which loads on request, if a texture exists it doesn't load it else it adds it into the list. However you can also load it all at once thus making life easier :)
    :
    : : How can I load multiple textures? Does it all have to be at the same time and in the same place? I used the NeHe tutorials (nehe.gamedev.net) and they all have texture loading in one spot.
    : :
    :
    :

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Yeah, I use a stl map to keep a string and texture id. I haven't checked the speed and efficieny of the code but its quite robust enough.

: Really? Did you program it yourself?
    :
    : : It can be at the same time or on request. I have general texture mangr which loads on request, if a texture exists it doesn't load it else it adds it into the list. However you can also load it all at once thus making life easier :)
    : : : How can I load multiple textures? Does it all have to be at the same time and in the same place? I used the NeHe tutorials (nehe.gamedev.net) and they all have texture loading in one spot.
    : : :
    :
    :