Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Writing a regex engine

Hi,

Not really a new programming language, but maybe of interest to someone. I did most of this before my RSI set in, but have decided to throw out what I've done so far for people to look at etc. It's basically a "just for fun" implementation of a regex engine in C. I may not even finish it, but if anyone had ever wanted to see the guts of one but was too scared to look, here's some simple and well commented code for ya.
http://www.jwcs.net/~jonathan/rsre/

Jonathan

###
for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
(tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
/(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

Comments

• 684867684867 Posts: 110Member
    I downloaded the regex code. Some of this may come in handy later on.
    Thanks.
    Great project. Too bad you don't have time to finish it.

Excellence Breeds! Go Hard or Go Home.

Let Penguins rule the earth.
    Break some windows today.

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : I downloaded the regex code. Some of this may come in handy later on.
    : Thanks.
    Not sure it'll be that useful in its present state, but it's something to play with. The parser isn't implemented too well....

: Great project. Too bad you don't have time to finish it.
    :
    I hope to finish it someday, just not as soon as I'd have liked.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");