Basic Help needed

I have to program a database application in Delphi. I know how to do it in Pascal, but I'm new to the Delphi environment. I have my menu done, and if I click on (for example) "Create New Table", I want it to show the Create New Table form. I know in VB that I would just use frmNewTable.show, but I don't know how to do it in Delphi. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bubbly

Comments

• : I have to program a database application in Delphi. I know how to do it in Pascal, but I'm new to the Delphi environment. I have my menu done, and if I click on (for example) "Create New Table", I want it to show the Create New Table form. I know in VB that I would just use frmNewTable.show, but I don't know how to do it in Delphi. Any help would be appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Bubbly
    :
    If you have created the form, you can call frmNewTable.ShowModal() to show the dialog. The compiler will give you an error that the correct unit isn't in the uses list, and it will give you the option to add it. Let Delphi add that unit and it will work. You can also add the correct unit to the uses list manually.
    ShowModal will also return the ModalResult, which you can use the determine, which button the user clicked. Each of those buttons need to have a ModalResult different from mrNone. Most commonly these are mrOK and mrCancel.
  • Thanks so much for that! Really appreciated!

Bubbly