Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using SQL in Java

zeolitezeolite Posts: 78Member
Hi,
Can anyone suggest what Java components I should use for accessing a database from my application, either through embedded SQL or SQL entered at run-time. Also, which would be better (embedded or entered at run-time)? The software is a prototype for an estate agent and needs to match user queries with list of available properties, so all fields in the database would be known at compile time. Therefore, writing SQL before the app is deployed would not be a problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Dan :-)

Comments

• arb123arb123 Posts: 696Member
    : Hi,
    : Can anyone suggest what Java components I should use for accessing a database from my application, either through embedded SQL or SQL entered at run-time. Also, which would be better (embedded or entered at run-time)? The software is a prototype for an estate agent and needs to match user queries with list of available properties, so all fields in the database would be known at compile time. Therefore, writing SQL before the app is deployed would not be a problem.
    : Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    : Dan :-)
    :

This can be done via the JDBC API. You'll need a JDBC driver specific to your database. See the [b]java.sql[/b] package + tutorials on http://java.sun.com among other places.

---------------------------------
    [size=1]HOWTO ask questions: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/size]