Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Getting a compilation error

rpsatherpsathe Member Posts: 1
Hello folks,
I am able to compile tutorials that come with Direct X 9. But when I try to compile the samples, every example bombs out saying -

C:Documents and Settings
psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dapp.cpp(871) : error C2065: 'ULongToHandle' : undeclared identifier
d3dsettings.cpp
psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(266) : error C2664: 'DialogBoxParamA' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' to 'int (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__
*,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'
None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(512) : error C2065: 'ULongToPtr' : undeclared identifier
psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(710) : error C2065: 'UlongToPtr' : undeclared identifier
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.

I tried changing include and library paths but it did not help. Is there any particular path that I need to add ?

-R

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : Hello folks,
    : I am able to compile tutorials that come with Direct X 9. But when I try to compile the samples, every example bombs out saying -
    :
    : C:Documents and Settings
    psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dapp.cpp(871) : error C2065: 'ULongToHandle' : undeclared identifier
    : d3dsettings.cpp
    psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(266) : error C2664: 'DialogBoxParamA' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' to 'int (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__
    : *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'
    : None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
    psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(512) : error C2065: 'ULongToPtr' : undeclared identifier
    psatheDesktopDX9_SDKSamplesC++commond3dsettings.cpp(710) : error C2065: 'UlongToPtr' : undeclared identifier
    : Generating Code...
    : Error executing cl.exe.
    :
    :
    : I tried changing include and library paths but it did not help. Is there any particular path that I need to add ?
    :
    : -R
    :
    The compiler does not have problem with the paths, but with the files.
    Maybe there's a h or cpp which is a bit old, and does not contain the identifier declaration UlongToPtr, ULongToHandle. The main point is that the files have problems, not the paths.

I hope this helped you.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)