Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Redirecting. (Without showing URL in browser or client cache)

I'm trying to write a redirecting code, which transparently directs to another page. (absolute URL).
I've tried using sendRedirect, which works fine, but I don't want the user to see URL in the browser, because the URL contains password information.

I've also tried Dispatcher forward, however the forward command only uses relative URL, it can't use absolute.

Is there a way to do this ?
My page schema is as follows:

login.jsp -> redirect.jsp -> login_check.jsp (on different server) -> user pages.jsp

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• billissbilliss Member Posts: 5
    : I'm trying to write a redirecting code, which transparently directs to another page. (absolute URL).
    : I've tried using sendRedirect, which works fine, but I don't want the user to see URL in the browser, because the URL contains password information.
    :
    : I've also tried Dispatcher forward, however the forward command only uses relative URL, it can't use absolute.
    :
    : Is there a way to do this ?
    : My page schema is as follows:
    :
    : login.jsp -> redirect.jsp -> login_check.jsp (on different server) -> user pages.jsp
    :
    : Thanks in advance.

An alternative is to save sensitive data(eg password..) to a session bean and not to use the url.
    Or if you collect data from a form, just use post method, not get
    :