Passwordchar in Inputbox - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Passwordchar in Inputbox

ganesh4uganesh4u Posts: 68Member
Hi,
I like to use inputbox for login in form.So is there any way that when user types his password in inputbox it should not Display letters insted it should Display like ***** .

Help me
Ganesh :)

Comments

• the walrusthe walrus Posts: 249Member
    : Hi,
    : I like to use inputbox for login in form.So is there any way that when user types his password in inputbox it should not Display letters insted it should Display like ***** .
    :
    : Help me
    : Ganesh :)
    :

there is a PasswordChar property of an input box. just change the PasswordChar to "*" and only astericks will show up. you can either do this at design time in the Properties menu (which would be the best way to do it) or at run time like this:

[code]
    Text1.PasswordChar = "*"
    [/code]
  • mhykemhyke Posts: 16Member
    : : Hi,
    : : I like to use inputbox for login in form.So is there any way that when user types his password in inputbox it should not Display letters insted it should Display like ***** .
    : :
    : : Help me
    : : Ganesh :)
    :
    : there is a PasswordChar property of an input box. just change the PasswordChar to "*" and only astericks will show up. you can either do this at design time in the Properties menu (which would be the best way to do it) or at run time like this:
    :
    : [code]
    : Text1.PasswordChar = "*"
    : [/code]
    :

hi,,,, with regards to this concern, i know its possible to use a different character like the one being used in the login of windows xp.
    do you have any ideas...

thanks mhyke
  • Mike_AB1Mike_AB1 Posts: 49Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I like to use inputbox for login in form.So is there any way that when user types his password in inputbox it should not Display letters insted it should Display like ***** .
    : : :
    : : : Help me
    : : : Ganesh :)
    : : :
    : : there is a PasswordChar property of an input box. just change the PasswordChar to "*" and only astericks will show up. you can either do this at design time in the Properties menu (which would be the best way to do it) or at run time like this:
    : : [code]
    : : Text1.PasswordChar = "*"
    : : [/code]
    :
    : hi,,,, with regards to this concern, i know its possible to use a different character like the one being used in the login of windows xp.
    : do you have any ideas...
    :
    : thanks mhyke
    :

Try this on form load:

Text1.FontName = "courier new"
    Text1.FontSize = 12
    Text1.FontBold = True
    Text1.PasswordChar = Chr(149)
    Mike

• ganesh4uganesh4u Posts: 68Member
    Hi,
    i am not using textbox.I am using Inputbox() so suggest me proper ways

• the walrusthe walrus Posts: 249Member
    : Hi,
    : i am not using textbox.I am using Inputbox() so suggest me proper ways
    : Ganesh :)
    :
    :

oh, sorry, you can't do it in an inputbox. use a textbox. it's not that much work to set up a form with a textbox and a few buttons :-)
  • ganesh4uganesh4u Posts: 68Member
    Thanks,
    I know that but i think it's possible.Only thing we have to write our own logics.