Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help on display modes

Hi all,
Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.

awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.

Comments

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Hi all,
    : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    :
    : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    :
    :
    :

I saw something about that just this morning. See the win32 api function EnumDisplaySettings() in MSDN for details.

• robert0937robert0937 Member Posts: 1
    : Hi all,
    : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    :
    : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    :
    :
    Hi, I have the same problem with you, I need to uncheck the checkbox
    "hide the modes that this monitor cannot display"
    to change a specific resolution.

The API, EnumDisplaySettings() can list the mode I wanted only when
    I uncheck the checkbox.

Did you got the solution about this problem? Can you share with me?
    Thank.

Robert0937@gmail.com
  • happy_84khappy_84k Member Posts: 106
    : : Hi all,
    : : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    : :
    : : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    : Hi, I have the same problem with you, I need to uncheck the checkbox
    : "hide the modes that this monitor cannot display"
    : to change a specific resolution.
    :
    : The API, EnumDisplaySettings() can list the mode I wanted only when
    : I uncheck the checkbox.
    :
    : Did you got the solution about this problem? Can you share with me?
    : Thank.
    :
    : Robert0937@gmail.com
    :

try the extended version of the function :

EnumDisplaySettingsEx
    ak