Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Missing Component

I have made a small database program using Visual Basic 6 Enterprise edition.

After I have compiled and made a exe out of it. When I try to run it I keep getting the following message:

"Run-time error - 339
Component MSADODC.OCX or one of it's dependents not correctly registered or missing or invalid"

Can anyone explain what's gone wrong ? ? ? PLEASE

thanks a lot.

Comments

• GenjuroGenjuro Posts: 913Member
    : I have made a small database program using Visual Basic 6 Enterprise edition.
    :
    : After I have compiled and made a exe out of it. When I try to run it I keep getting the following message:
    :
    : "Run-time error - 339
    : Component MSADODC.OCX or one of it's dependents not correctly registered or missing or invalid"
    :
    :
    : Can anyone explain what's gone wrong ? ? ? PLEASE
    :
    :
    : thanks a lot.

Seems like the ADO Data Control (or its version) you're using - which is an external OCX, by the way - isn't included in the setup you made for your app, or isn't present on the computer you deployed your EXE on, or COM registration has failed (perhaps due to other missing components it requires).
  • LensmeisterLensmeister Posts: 48Member
    : : I have made a small database program using Visual Basic 6 Enterprise edition.
    : :
    : : After I have compiled and made a exe out of it. When I try to run it I keep getting the following message:
    : : "Run-time error - 339
    : : Component MSADODC.OCX or one of it's dependents not correctly registered or missing or invalid"
    : : Can anyone explain what's gone wrong ? ? ? PLEASE
    : : thanks a lot.
    :
    : Seems like the ADO Data Control (or its version) you're using - which is an external OCX, by the way - isn't included in the setup you made for your app, or isn't present on the computer you deployed your EXE on, or COM registration has failed (perhaps due to other missing components it requires).
    :
    THe exe works ok on my laptop but I coiped it to a disc and tried to run it on a desktop. But that was the message I kept getting.

Is there a way to get it to work on the desktop? .. I was wondering if I had to include it in the exe somehow. If I do how do I do it ? ?

THanks.
  • GenjuroGenjuro Posts: 913Member
    : : : I have made a small database program using Visual Basic 6 Enterprise edition.
    : : :
    : : : After I have compiled and made a exe out of it. When I try to run it I keep getting the following message:
    : : : "Run-time error - 339
    : : : Component MSADODC.OCX or one of it's dependents not correctly registered or missing or invalid"
    : : : Can anyone explain what's gone wrong ? ? ? PLEASE
    : : : thanks a lot.
    : : Seems like the ADO Data Control (or its version) you're using - which is an external OCX, by the way - isn't included in the setup you made for your app, or isn't present on the computer you deployed your EXE on, or COM registration has failed (perhaps due to other missing components it requires).
    : THe exe works ok on my laptop but I coiped it to a disc and tried to run it on a desktop. But that was the message I kept getting.
    :
    : Is there a way to get it to work on the desktop? .. I was wondering if I had to include it in the exe somehow. If I do how do I do it ? ?
    :
    : THanks.

You can't include it in the EXE (don't get me started pm that, I am so p***ed off that I can't build standalone EXEs in VB that I'd rant for ages), but you can create a setup package which installs that ocx on the desktop; it should suffice.
    The "Package and Deployment Wizard" which comes as a VB6 tool is a handy and easy tool to create a setup package, by the way.