Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Creating a word per minute typing counter thingy

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
For my next 'project' I'd like to develop a command line program (Bash) for *nix which tells the typist how many words they are typing per minute. (I'd actually like to do this as a shell script but I'm not sure if it can be done so I'm going back to C++.) The program would run for one minute to mak e it easy for calculations. What I don't know is how to use a timer in C++ and how to count how many words have been typed. Please could someone at least start me off in the right direction.

Remember it's *nix not M$ windoze!

Many thanks,

ITA

This has been crossposted to the linux programming board.

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"