Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to do event handling using php

jadavjadav Posts: 23Member
hallo Friends

we are new to php ,
and we have developed a form from which we take the input from the user
and now we want to process the data using the EVENT

so can anybody help me.

warm regard
jadav....

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : hallo Friends
    :
    : we are new to php ,
    : and we have developed a form from which we take the input from the user
    : and now we want to process the data using the EVENT
    :
    : so can anybody help me.
    :
    : warm regard
    : jadav....
    :

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Is the event just when the form button is clicked?

If so then just do . This will submit your form to your script. Your script should then process the information which has been input via the form.

You can use the superglobals $_GET and $_POST to access the fields which have been submitted (use $_GET['name of field in form'] for a get form method and $_POST['name of field in form'] for a post form method).

eg:

[code]
    form.html
    -----------------------------------------

submit.php
    -----------------------------------------
    $name = $_POST['test']; // assigns the string submitted to the $name variable

// perform some other processing down here.

[/code]

Here's a link to the relevant part of the manual: http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.external.php

Hope this helps,

If the above is not what you wanted just say and I'll try and think something else up.

ITA
    "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"