Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Check entered value...

lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 39
Hi,
I wanna check whether a user entered a Numeric/Alphanumeric value in any item.But i didn't get any inbuilt fuction (as in VB it was "Is numeric() function" to check these kinda value.
Is it possible in oracle forms to check the entered value by code?If not then how can i handle it?

Every suggesstion will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• varunkumarvarunkumar Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

you can give the check constraint to the attribute while creating the table to accept only numbers/alps...

Bye...
    : Hi,
    : I wanna check whether a user entered a Numeric/Alphanumeric value in any item.But i didn't get any inbuilt fuction (as in VB it was "Is numeric() function" to check these kinda value.
    : Is it possible in oracle forms to check the entered value by code?If not then how can i handle it?
    :
    : Every suggesstion will be appreciated.
    : Thanks in Advance.
    :
    :

• lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 39
    Hi Arun,
    Thanks for showing your interest, I want to check these values on form level not on table lavel. I want that....whenever a user enters a value on an item , the item should be validate while editing or after editing the item value but before 'updating' the table.Just for the user's convinience.
    How can i do that on form level.I don't wanna use constraints.Any idea...
    Thanks once again. :-)

:
    : you can give the check constraint to the attribute while creating the table to accept only numbers/alps...
    :
    : Bye...

• lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 39
    : I wanna check whether a user entered a Numeric/Alphanumeric value in any item.But i didn't get any inbuilt fuction (as in VB it was "Is numeric() function" to check these kinda value.
    : Is it possible in oracle forms to check the entered value by code?If not then how can i handle it?
    :
    : Every suggesstion will be appreciated.
    : Thanks in Advance.
    :
    :

Please help me anyone :-(