Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

password authentication

i have developed client server application.i used access for database.now i like to give password authentications so user should not be able to delete database .he can modify records,he can delete records but he should not be able to delete database.another user should only view records but should not able to delete it.it can be done at database lavel or if it can be throug vb
Ganesh :)

Comments

• jlegjleg Member Posts: 237
    : i have developed client server application.i used access for database.now i like to give password authentications so user should not be able to delete database .he can modify records,he can delete records but he should not be able to delete database.another user should only view records but should not able to delete it.it can be done at database lavel or if it can be through vb
    : Ganesh :)
    :
    My suggestion to you is to use jet security feature of access. Create an mdw security database. For management you should create an interface to the database. You will be able to maintain groups and users as well as their permissions to objects within the database. There is a good book called Visual Basic 6 Database How To, published by SAMS. It has a comprehensive section on database security.

You other option is to create your own security feature, storing usernames and passwords. And then implementing security at form level or on the controls and methods used to access the data.

I hope this gives some insight.

John ;-)