Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

My BIG problem still not solved, it kills me

Hi guys, i still have this problem with my perl script. Im spending hours on the web to find a solution for it. My problem is this:

1. i have a perl script

2. this perl script reads text from a textfile

-the textfile is a *.txt file.

3. the text is put in variabeles

4. i use the variabeles to print them in html code for my page

For opening the textfile i use:

open (A "tag_news.txt") || die bla bla bla.....

When i use this with xitami (the offline webserver for windows that supports perl) it works perfectly. If i upload the script into my cgi-bin on my server that supports cgi/perl it doesnt work, but it gives a "http 500" error.

i checked my script on:

* the "#usr/bin/perl" line

* on the header of the html

* i checked it with the "perl -w" command

* i checked it with the "perl -cw" command

* i checked that my server is running under UNIX

And i heard something about setting script permissions by using CHMOD command. I did that too and it still didnt work. I AM SO DESPERATE, i just don't know what to do anymore. I NEED HELP DESPERATLY!

If you think you can help me, please submit a reply or email me or icq me (33080477)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

URL:http://hammer.prohosting.com/~dundee/cgi-bin/frameset.html

Comments

• : Hi guys, i still have this problem with my perl script. Im spending hours on the web to find a solution for it. My problem is this:

:

: 1. i have a perl script

: 2. this perl script reads text from a textfile

: -the textfile is a *.txt file.

: 3. the text is put in variabeles

: 4. i use the variabeles to print them in html code for my page

:

: For opening the textfile i use:

: open (A "tag_news.txt") || die bla bla bla.....

:

: When i use this with xitami (the offline webserver for windows that supports perl) it works perfectly. If i upload the script into my cgi-bin on my server that supports cgi/perl it doesnt work, but it gives a "http 500" error.

:

: i checked my script on:

: * the "#usr/bin/perl" line

: * on the header of the html

: * i checked it with the "perl -w" command

: * i checked it with the "perl -cw" command

: * i checked that my server is running under UNIX

:

: And i heard something about setting script permissions by using CHMOD command. I did that too and it still didnt work. I AM SO DESPERATE, i just don't know what to do anymore. I NEED HELP DESPERATLY!

:

: If you think you can help me, please submit a reply or email me or icq me (33080477)

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

: