Hi guys, i still have this problem with my perl script. Im spending hours on the web to find a solution for it. My problem is this:
1. i have a perl script
2. this perl script reads text from a textfile
-the textfile is a *.txt file.
3. the text is put in variabeles
4. i use the variabeles to print them in html code for my page
For opening the textfile i use:
open (A "tag_news.txt") || die bla bla bla.....
When i use this with xitami (the offline webserver for windows that supports perl) it works perfectly. If i upload the script into my cgi-bin on my server that supports cgi/perl it doesnt work, but it gives a "http 500" error.
i checked my script on:
* the "#usr/bin/perl" line
* on the header of the html
* i checked it with the "perl -w" command
* i checked it with the "perl -cw" command
* i checked that my server is running under UNIX
And i heard something about setting script permissions by using CHMOD command. I did that too and it still didnt work. I AM SO DESPERATE, i just don't know what to do anymore. I NEED HELP DESPERATLY!
If you think you can help me, please submit a reply or email me or icq me (33080477)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 · ·