Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The Mystical Newbie Question: WHERE TO START???

pmcastillopmcastillo Member Posts: 140
For a long time, I'm really planning to make a Home Based Web-Server. My friend told I must study SQL. Is this the right place? What are the steps on making a Home Based Web Server (just a quick overview)? What link can I study SQL?

Comments

• drovnikdrovnik Member Posts: 31
    : For a long time, I'm really planning to make a Home Based Web-Server. My friend told I must study SQL. Is this the right place? What are the steps on making a Home Based Web Server (just a quick overview)? What link can I study SQL?
    :

SQL is a standard for most RDBMS's
    Its a qurey language.

If you want to get started on MySQL
    goto: http://www.mysql.com
  • pmcastillopmcastillo Member Posts: 140
    Thanks man!
  • dededede Member Posts: 145
    [b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2005-3-28 4:15:52[/red][/b][hr]
    If you intend to be a server admin, you need to learn Linux orand Master the Windows OS, in case of Linux-FreeBSD, whatever *nix, you will need to learn Shell programming specially Perl, How to use Apache Server, or IIS if you are going to use Windows

If you intend to design Websites, You will need to learn HTML, PHP, Some Use ASP, JavaScript, for database, You can learn SQL for MySQL or PostgreSQL, I recommend MySQL. whatever, you pick what fits you.
    The most popular scripting languages ASP and PHP, again,, you pick what fits you. In both cases you better learn about Apache and database.Good Luck
    dede:-)

• pmcastillopmcastillo Member Posts: 140
    : [b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2005-3-28 4:15:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : If you intend to be a server admin, you need to learn Linux orand Master the Windows OS, in case of Linux-FreeBSD, whatever *nix, you will need to learn Shell programming specially Perl, How to use Apache Server, or IIS if you are going to use Windows
    :
    : If you intend to design Websites, You will need to learn HTML, PHP, Some Use ASP, JavaScript, for database, You can learn SQL for MySQL or PostgreSQL, I recommend MySQL. whatever, you pick what fits you.
    : The most popular scripting languages ASP and PHP, again,, you pick what fits you. In both cases you better learn about Apache and database.Good Luck
    : dede:-)
    :

Thanks man...
    :
    :
    :