project - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

project

hi
im designing a fuzzy logic controller as my final yr.project. the hardware has a serial interface which has to be programmed. i need to know how and what language to be used? either C or VB ?
bye

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : hi
    : im designing a fuzzy logic controller as my final yr.project. the hardware has a serial interface which has to be programmed. i need to know how and what language to be used? either C or VB ?
    : bye
    :

I would recommend using C. This is because C is much more low level and will enable you to have greater power and control of the device which you are programming. If you use Visual Basic then you might have to sacrifice some of this power for ease of use. Oh also remember VB is Microsoft only, so it's kinda limited.

I'm not sure exactly how you would go about this but I would assume that the logic controller will have a set of libraries or something similar which you can interface with.

Hope some of this helps,

ITA

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"