Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Access all areas

cjdcjd Member Posts: 43
There are some areas on our network that only administrators can access.
Is it possible for a restricted user to change their user level?
[hr]
Fund my work! Donate with PayPal...
http://www.geocities.com/bazixgamedev/transfer.htm

Get a free code to recieve free prizes
http://www.yoursecretcode.co.uk/?ref=CD2

Comments

• pixzellpixzell Member Posts: 4
    Hack the server and change user level:)

• MargaloMargalo Member Posts: 75
    : Hack the server and change user level:)
    :
    :
    :
    Well you could just [B] acsess [/B] the admin level and change it all there, but I can't give details without the OS type.

-Margalo ;-)
  • casio-games.tkcasio-games.tk Member Posts: 35

My school uses Windows 2000 Pro with Novell Login.
    There's a folder called "xfer" in "NDPS" in a network drive called Sys (F:)
    Anyone can access that folder so it's not much "hacking" but it's useful to post stuff in it. If your school have that OS i suppose you know that by right-clicking the [size=4][red]N[/red][/size] you can edit a personal login script or send messages.

But of course all these things can be forbidden...

:
    : My school uses Windows 2000 Pro with Novell Login.
    : There's a folder called "xfer" in "NDPS" in a network drive called Sys (F:)
    : Anyone can access that folder so it's not much "hacking" but it's useful to post stuff in it. If your school have that OS i suppose you know that by right-clicking the [size=4][red]N[/red][/size] you can edit a personal login script or send messages.
    :
    : But of course all these things can be forbidden...
    :
    :
    Woah. wait where exactly is this folder you speek of? (file path) and what is this "N" as well? Sorry you just confused me and got me all curious like.
    [hr]
    [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    -OG[/purple]
    [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]
    [red]-Margalo ;-)

[b][red]This message was edited by casio-games.tk at 2006-2-15 4:26:46[/red][/b][hr]
    Sorry I wasn't legible. The folder I'm talking about is in a network unit (called Sys F: in my school) / ndps / xfer. If there's no such unit search for the folder manually in "the whole network" in the network places. The [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] is in the right lower corner of the screen. [italic]sometimes[/italic] the server allows me to send messages by right clicking [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] and select Netware utilities / Send messages / To users . If I select "User administration/ Login script" or something like that I can edit a Login script, a code that runs when I log in . I can also check my real name and email-adress in "User administration / (something i've forgotten right now) " !! That's a bit scary ;-)

: [b][red]This message was edited by casio-games.tk at 2006-2-15 4:26:46[/red][/b][hr]
    : Sorry I wasn't legible. The folder I'm talking about is in a network unit (called Sys F: in my school) / ndps / xfer. If there's no such unit search for the folder manually in "the whole network" in the network places. The [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] is in the right lower corner of the screen. [italic]sometimes[/italic] the server allows me to send messages by right clicking [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] and select Netware utilities / Send messages / To users . If I select "User administration/ Login script" or something like that I can edit a Login script, a code that runs when I log in . I can also check my real name and email-adress in "User administration / (something i've forgotten right now) " !! That's a bit scary ;-)
    :
    :
    : Ah! got it! All has become clear! well not all I mean i don't know thesecrets of the universe, but Guess I mean all on this subject of course this is a very broad subject so realy only all on your previous post on this subject is clear. ok sorry ranting well ranting can be- NO NOT GOING TO RANT AGIAN! *twiches* ok shuting up. thanks!

: : [b][red]This message was edited by casio-games.tk at 2006-2-15 4:26:46[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Sorry I wasn't legible. The folder I'm talking about is in a network unit (called Sys F: in my school) / ndps / xfer. If there's no such unit search for the folder manually in "the whole network" in the network places. The [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] is in the right lower corner of the screen. [italic]sometimes[/italic] the server allows me to send messages by right clicking [red][size=4]N[/red][/size] and select Netware utilities / Send messages / To users . If I select "User administration/ Login script" or something like that I can edit a Login script, a code that runs when I log in . I can also check my real name and email-adress in "User administration / (something i've forgotten right now) " !! That's a bit scary ;-)
    : :
    : :
    : : Ah! got it! All has become clear! well not all I mean i don't know thesecrets of the universe, but Guess I mean all on this subject of course this is a very broad subject so realy only all on your previous post on this subject is clear. ok sorry ranting well ranting can be- NO NOT GOING TO RANT AGIAN! *twiches* ok shuting up. thanks!
    :
    :
    don't forget to tell EVERYBODY about these functions! :-) i've tried once to copy the whole c: to xfer but the server didn't allow me to fill up F: . If it would have worked the administrator would have been [italic][b] very [/b][/italic]angry on me now!
    Hi Margalo! A smart guy in my class told me about another way to mail users:

Enter cmd.exe in C:/windows/ or C:/winnt/

Write NET SEND RECEIVINGCOMPUTER MESSAGE

Who's online: NET VIEW

Help: HELP NET

The messages appear in a "Service messenger" alert.

/casio-games.tk
    [hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

: Hi Margalo! A smart guy in my class told me about another way to mail users:
    :
    : Enter cmd.exe in C:/windows/ or C:/winnt/
    :
    : Write NET SEND RECEIVINGCOMPUTER MESSAGE
    :
    : Who's online: NET VIEW
    :
    : Help: HELP NET
    :
    : The messages appear in a "Service messenger" alert.
    :
    : /casio-games.tk
    : [hr][hr]
    : Don't write pH, write Ph!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Ahh yes what problems on the face of the earth cannot be solved by the command prompt? wait do answer that there are tns of them but the point is kewly-o! thats awsome!