Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Pls i need your help!!!!

pako30pako30 Member Posts: 5
Hi, can anyone help me with the source code to draw a simple christmas tree??
I am a beginner. Pls helppppppp me:)
(visual c++)

Thanks

Comments

• CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    : Hi, can anyone help me with the source code to draw a simple christmas tree??
    : I am a beginner. Pls helppppppp me:)
    : (visual c++)
    :
    : Thanks
    :

ok,since youre posting in an opengl-board and dont asking something about it i assume you know the basics.i would try to draw a simple triangle with two sides the same length and the third side shorter than the other ones in the Z=10.0f plane and looking from (0,0,0) along the z-axis:

P1(-2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    P2( 2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    P3( 0.0f,3.0f,10.0f)

not move the triangle a little up and make it smaller (or move down and scale it larger) so it overlaps the first triangle.repeat the a few times and you will result in a VERY simple xmas-tree.
  • gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Or take a christmas tree texture and map it to a quad. Lots of code available for texture mapping on the net.

: : Hi, can anyone help me with the source code to draw a simple christmas tree??
    : : I am a beginner. Pls helppppppp me:)
    : : (visual c++)
    : :
    : : Thanks
    :
    : ok,since youre posting in an opengl-board and dont asking something about it i assume you know the basics.i would try to draw a simple triangle with two sides the same length and the third side shorter than the other ones in the Z=10.0f plane and looking from (0,0,0) along the z-axis:
    :
    : P1(-2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    : P2( 2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    : P3( 0.0f,3.0f,10.0f)
    :
    : not move the triangle a little up and make it smaller (or move down and scale it larger) so it overlaps the first triangle.repeat the a few times and you will result in a VERY simple xmas-tree.
    :

• pako30pako30 Member Posts: 5
    Can you explain me more spesific?? Sorry but i am begginer. Can i find anywhere a source code? I searched but nothing found. Pls help!!!!!!

: Or take a christmas tree texture and map it to a quad. Lots of code available for texture mapping on the net.
    :
    :
    : : : Hi, can anyone help me with the source code to draw a simple christmas tree??
    : : : I am a beginner. Pls helppppppp me:)
    : : : (visual c++)
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : :
    : : ok,since youre posting in an opengl-board and dont asking something about it i assume you know the basics.i would try to draw a simple triangle with two sides the same length and the third side shorter than the other ones in the Z=10.0f plane and looking from (0,0,0) along the z-axis:
    : : P1(-2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    : : P2( 2.0f,0.0f,10.0f)
    : : P3( 0.0f,3.0f,10.0f)
    : : not move the triangle a little up and make it smaller (or move down and scale it larger) so it overlaps the first triangle.repeat the a few times and you will result in a VERY simple xmas-tree.
    :
    :